Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/shrug. I didn't bring it up I'm just responding.
I wouldn't even respond to them
Old 01-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't even respond to them
I got nothing better to do. Not working til later tonight and I'm mashing /assist /autofire on my ranger on the other computer getting some pre-PoP AA. I would be boxing my cleric but there's not much point. I have everything except worthless tradeskill AA's and 118/120 banked AA's and somewhere around 80% of the way through 60.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no better form of loot council type system to offer you. I openly admitted and will admit again that I wouldn't trust myself to distribute loot fairly in a loot council. I would be biased in favor of my friends or people I personally felt were better at the game. I wouldn't care if someone was at 100% RA for 6 months and gotten 0 items. If something dropped that my best pal wanted I would vote for him. This is why LC is rotten has always been rotten and will always be rotten. As I've said many many times in the past this 1 particular incident wasn't the one and only reason I moved on from BDA. I had been considered it on and off many times in the past all the way back to P99. It was just the final straw and everyone wants to pretend it was the only straw.

In my ~18 years of MMO games a variation of DKP is the only loot system that even comes anywhere close to being fair and rewarding people proportionate to their time/effort invested.
So you joined a loot council guild knowing it was a loot council guild and got mad when loot council things happened with the loot council handing out items via loot council.

And you stuck around for 2 years.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you joined a loot council guild knowing it was a loot council guild and got mad when loot council things happened with the loot council handing out items via loot council.

And you stuck around for 2 years.
I've addressed this before as well. It was my first time in a LC guild. I was skeptical but it seemed okay at first. Took a few times getting cucked before I decided enough was enough.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Too much loot; too little for JCR
I thought it was instanced, does it even matter you have cutting edge shit
Old 01-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't care if someone was at 100% RA for 6 months and gotten 0 items. If something dropped that my best pal wanted I would vote for him. This is why [I am] rotten [have] always been rotten and will always be rotten.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno. If DKP were so great, you'd think everyone would all be together in one guild, happily earning their loot the DKP way, then they'd go to Dairy Queen afterwards.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

If DKP was so great you'd think 80% of guilds would use it and 99.9% of high end guilds would use it

Oh wait they do
Old 01-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've addressed this before as well. It was my first time in a LC guild. I was skeptical but it seemed okay at first. Took a few times getting cucked before I decided enough was enough.
While leaving was the best thing you could do, the pages you spent here defending BDA must seem wasteful as they weren't giving out pixels on the basis of posts.

How's that working for Kushie and others I wonder? Going hard in this thread for LC rewards is a bold strategy, didn't work out for the above poster.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If DKP was so great you'd think 80% of guilds would use it and 99.9% of high end guilds would use it

Oh wait they do
My point is if it works as everyone champions it works, those who put in the most effort get the most loot, it'd make sense to have everyone under one roof, that way there's more loot for those who put in the most effort. It'd make no difference in terms of who is getting the loot, but they'd see the rarest drops more often. So why don't DKP guilds do this?
Closed Thread