Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Aviak

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the draw of this server to relive the classic EQ experience? Didn't we all come here b/c we missed the days of playing EQ as it was back in 1999? So, why such strong resistance to starting from scratch on a clean server and doing a true progression of Vanilla - Kunark - Velious?

And btw - RMT and duping, in my opinion, is a separate point of conversation b/c it needs to be addressed and eliminated regardless of a server reset. Therefore, I don't think it's appropriate to include that as a pro/con of the server reset discussion. Wipe or no wipe, the server will still suffer from these problems until they are specifically and holistically addressed.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Right now this server is basically a twink server. There is some new population coming in, but how long before the new players and the people who don't like the state of this server quit playing. All I hear about is, if they wipe it, a bunch of people will quit playing...

So why not leave the server for the infested shitheads who wanna keep playing and create a new one for the people who want to experience an actual classic experience. Even if it split the population during primetime, thats still like 400 players per server which is more than this server had for a long time.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Wipe it!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the draw of this server to relive the classic EQ experience? Didn't we all come here b/c we missed the days of playing EQ as it was back in 1999? So, why such strong resistance to starting from scratch on a clean server and doing a true progression of Vanilla - Kunark - Velious?

And btw - RMT and duping, in my opinion, is a separate point of conversation b/c it needs to be addressed and eliminated regardless of a server reset. Therefore, I don't think it's appropriate to include that as a pro/con of the server reset discussion. Wipe or no wipe, the server will still suffer from these problems until they are specifically and holistically addressed.
Because they want to protect their time investment (and money), regardless whether that's in the best interest of the server.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I agree that wiping the current server is a pretty selfish solution. If making a new server was an option, I'd pick that.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Kobold

This is basically like Easy Server. You login and immediately see level 1-20s carrying EPICS.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Why is it whenever a problem presents itself the first thing the forums does is goes into a "NEW SERVER NAO! WIPE IT OUT NAOOOOOO!" Rampage?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

It's not like it's going to matter. Soon enough people are going to get sick of playing on a constantly DDoSed server.

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov072008 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is basically like Easy Server. You login and immediately see level 1-20s carrying EPICS.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiping the server is not the answer.

Starting a new server is.

And they can only start a new server once the current dupe is fixed otherwise it will repeat itself on day 1.

I would be 1000000% for a new server, classic time line, proper level balance for content, proper inflation etc.

Wiping this server is dumb, let people sit on their pile of pixles if they want to. When the population naturally shifts from p1999 to p1999 new then you can end of life the original server. Forcing people to transfer is bad business for all of the previously states reasons in other posts.
This^^^

Haven't played continuously or since the very beginning and I would love a crack at day 1 on a new server, but after velious has been out long enough for all the bugs to get worked out....Would be sweet to see what p99 would look like with a fresh start with a classic timeline without being a work in progress. See the fruits of all the work that went into this in it's purist state, as it were.

But wiping would be ridiculous.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Server is far from classic at this point, it's like the other emu's..... WTS AoN!!
Closed Thread