Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Shards of Dalaya?

I haven't played it in a few years, but does anyone else think that the fleshed out quests 1-60 without stat inflation, flavored classes and dangerous "fast travel" made it what EQ should have been?

If they made it soloable and had the p99 population, I'd be on that shit religiously.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

whats this fast travel?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Banned

https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/thr...rmation.28474/
Old 12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Kobold

I spent many years playing on Dalaya but finally got bored due to low pop. I would be there now if it had double the pop. End game is super fun, fresh, and challenging. Less toxic community too from what I remember.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Banned

It is actually quite popular, their forum has like 5k users more than P99 currently has. I think the raid size there (limited to 18 players) is optimal for Emu Communities and it doesn't require the huge population an EQ server needs to be interesting.

You don't need to throw 30 to 40 people at content, like it is required from Velious onwards on a regular EQ server.

There are a lot of other nice things about the server. A lot of the content is completely different with different mobs and interesting lore(for example, Guk connects to Lower Guk connects to Sebilis, etc.), the raid encounters are actually challenging (and very well tuned to the raid size), progression is very interesting and theres butt loads of content, be it 18 man, 6 man, or whatever else.

Its definitely worth a shot if you haven't checked it out.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

I thought about going to Dalaya last year, but chose p99 instead for its classicness. Not disappointed at all. Does Dalaya run on the titanium client also?
Old 12-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Banned

You start from a titanium install but then you use their own patcher which changes quite a lot of stuff, compared to the handful of files you need to change on P99
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It WAS actually quite popular, their forum has like 5k users more than P99 currently has.
it has forum users because its like 10years old at this point it was the most popular server for years before p99 was even a server, pretty sure Red99 has a higher population than them now.

rip PR , CW
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=Oshieh
Old 12-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Banned

you need 9 people who each play 2 characers to reach the raid size. You don't need to have a huge active playerbase when you do your own thing together with a few friends.

It never had a huge playerbase like P99, and it doesn't have the same forum rules so theres practically no forum questing. Which makes the member numbers even more impressive

No Jugger Charm? Noob ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by apio; 12-31-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Old 12-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

A few years back my brother and I spent a fantastic two weeks coming from California to a Wisconsin winter eating cookies, tea and sitting by the fire looking out the living room window as the snow fell. All meanwhile duoing in SoD as new monk and shaman, travelling all over for loot and completing the twilight quests. Comfiest vacation ever.
Closed Thread