Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-17-2022, 04:07 PM
Banned

That WoW episode of southpark where cartman's mom comes down to allow him to shit into a bucket while he continues playing is still the funniest thing I've ever seen

My mistake, it was a bedpan.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-17-2022 at 04:10 PM..
Old 09-18-2022, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol someones salty they do absolutely nothing for a raid guild and expect loot
I don't expect shit because I'm not wasting my time on that clownshow. Pretend it matters though if it makes you feel better about the sunk costs of obtaining imaginary things.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't expect shit because I'm not wasting my time on that clownshow. Pretend it matters though if it makes you feel better about the sunk costs of obtaining imaginary things.
Oh don't get me wrong. It certainly is a waste of time. A lot of folks waste away on a couch watching garbage television, too. However, if we're going with that route of logic, logging into p99 at all falls under that same roof.

Just don't be salty. I'm a simple retired elf offering objective forum commentary.

The point is dkp is as fair as it can get. You certainly can get very good gear without sinking much time in, especially how easy it is to get on a raid log without doing much of anything. If the playmakers, trackers, time-sinkers, etc were not rewarded for their efforts the entire raid guild system as it stands on p99 would fall apart.

Are you going to be full BiS with 2% RA? Absolutely not. You can, however, get class-changing (or at least insane upgrade) items without the huge time sink. Alternatively, there is the option of bidding only droppable loot. From a platinum-per-hour standpoint, it can be extremely lucrative if your objective is to fund a mega twink instead of gearing out a 60.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-18-2022 at 09:57 AM..
Old 09-19-2022, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh don't get me wrong. It certainly is a waste of time. A lot of folks waste away on a couch watching garbage television, too. However, if we're going with that route of logic, logging into p99 at all falls under that same roof.

Just don't be salty. I'm a simple retired elf offering objective forum commentary.

The point is dkp is as fair as it can get. You certainly can get very good gear without sinking much time in, especially how easy it is to get on a raid log without doing much of anything. If the playmakers, trackers, time-sinkers, etc were not rewarded for their efforts the entire raid guild system as it stands on p99 would fall apart.

Are you going to be full BiS with 2% RA? Absolutely not. You can, however, get class-changing (or at least insane upgrade) items without the huge time sink. Alternatively, there is the option of bidding only droppable loot. From a platinum-per-hour standpoint, it can be extremely lucrative if your objective is to fund a mega twink instead of gearing out a 60.
100% agree. DKP is the fairest method there is. You can still get good loot for cheap. Will it be Vulak loot? No, but it will be better than the droppable stuff you buy in EC.

The reason why /random guilds never get big is because the players who put in the most effort get screwed over by RNG, while casual/new players get lucky with great loot.

There just isn't any incentive for your best players to stick around. They end up joining a DKP guild, and then your guild has no more good players. At that point you become just another very casual guild.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-19-2022 at 03:15 PM..
Old 09-19-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

If you really want to be fair then certain people on the raid should get more DKP than others like per hour/kill etc.

Most of classic EQ raiding is everyone standing around while a select few individuals execute pull strategies and things to make sure the raid goes smoothly. If anything those people should get first dibs on drops and if they don't want it then just /random for all the warm bodies.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really want to be fair then certain people on the raid should get more DKP than others like per hour/kill etc.

Most of classic EQ raiding is everyone standing around while a select few individuals execute pull strategies and things to make sure the raid goes smoothly. If anything those people should get first dibs on drops and if they don't want it then just /random for all the warm bodies.
That is an interesting idea. However, with the clickie nerfs, pushing mob nerf, and rooted dragons, you need warm bodies now more than ever. Any guild who doesn't reward the warm bodies is going to end up not having the numbers for kills that need the zerg.

I would predict that if one of the two big guilds did this, that big guild would just bleed players to the other big guild. All big guilds would need to agree to use such a system simultanously. I don't think that will happen.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-19-2022 at 03:26 PM..
Old 09-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

DSM bout to shit up this thread since he said he won't post in other, Inc 300 pages. Inb4 just trying to prove a point and everyone is a troll.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM bout to shit up this thread since he said he won't post in other, Inc 300 pages. Inb4 just trying to prove a point and everyone is a troll.
Please stop turning threads into RnF threads with your trolling. You have embarassed yourself enough.

I will not be responding to another troll post of yours here.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-19-2022 at 03:44 PM..
Old 09-19-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please stop turning threads into RnF threads with your trolling. You have embarassed yourself enough.

I will not be responding to another troll post of yours here.
Called it
Old 09-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

I mean that's also not that fair of a system to begin with...I think this should be kind of obvious. Only a select few are selected to perform the duties you're holding to a higher regard. There's no way the rest of the guild could participate in that if they wanted to, due to the restriction of how many people can actually be involved in those jobs.

You could show up every raid, on time, maybe early, bring all your required items, never miss a beat in what you're supposed to do, always be there contributing, and not receive this preferential treatment, not because you aren't a good player, but because you didn't pick a class that does that or someone else is already doing it?