Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-15-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confused cant anyone solo hate on live?
Now? Sure. During the classic era? No.

Or, to be more precise, to my knowledge no one has presented any evidence that they could (not even if you go further, into the Luclin era), and I haven't found any myself ... presumably because no one could during the classic era.

And again, we don't need to look to laggy internet connections to explain it: plain old mechanical differences (eg. channeling mechanics) offer all the explanation we need.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Banned

i guess he didn't read the wiki
(lol)
Old 11-15-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
peoples lack of knowledge were part of the classic game.
Gotta play black out drunk @ 4 AM to emulate this.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-15-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or, to be more precise, to my knowledge no one has presented any evidence that they could (not even if you go further, into the Luclin era), and I haven't found any myself ... presumably because no one could during the classic era.

And again, we don't need to look to laggy internet connections to explain it: plain old mechanical differences (eg. channeling mechanics) offer all the explanation we need.
I suspect mobs aren’t tuned properly for atk/accuracy/ac. Player AC caps aren’t classic either. Generally we got good ‘best guess’ values, but in plane trash they feel real off. I remember even in PoP wearing ornate armour (about equivalent to ntov) fear stuff packed a hefty punch (i think the combat had been rework between classic and pop tho tbf).

There was a huge controversy on p1999 on whether AC worked at all. The overall system got tweaked but I don’t think individual mobs got rebalanced.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 11-15-2022 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't remember clerics soloing prince. Monks soloing drusella. I mean the list goes on.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the game being 23 years old and everyone knowing everything about how to do anything
Old 11-16-2022, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have the last 20 years of people obsessing over this game meant nothing?

But seriously, all you have to do is look towards a community like speed-running. People are still breaking high scores and times for games released 40 years ago. (Pac-Man, Donkey Kong)

It's because the more time something is out, the more people will eventually pick it up and tinker with it. And then someone figures out some trick that no-one thought of before and starts using it. And that trick gets passed down - and then more time goes by, and someone else picks up the trick and starts tinkering with it. And then someone figures out some trick that no-one thought of before and starts using it. And that trick gets passed down - and then more time goes by, and someone else picks up the trick and starts tinkering with it. And then someone figures out some trick that no-one thought of before and starts using it....

It's far inside the realm of possibility that people are using tricks now that nobody thought of, and are using them to cheese aspects of this game.

I certainly hope that's the case, and not that people are just recycling the same tactics from 23 years ago when servers had thousands of concurrent players at a time