Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Aviak

i have a solution to everyones epic problems: roll a rogue

or a blunt, shrug
Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just find it silly that epics have been out for a whopping 3 weeks and casual guilds are claiming that it's not fair they are being excluded for another 2 months yet aren't bitching about how TR/IB/VD all have a rotation on Trakanon and that's content thats been out for a year almost now and they haven't seen.
Because casual guilds can easily kill ragefire, but killing Trak at the moment might be a bit more difficult?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just find it silly that epics have been out for a whopping 3 weeks and casual guilds are claiming that it's not fair they are being excluded for another 2 months yet aren't bitching about how TR/IB/VD all have a rotation on Trakanon and that's content thats been out for a year almost now and they haven't seen.
I'm not tracking for longer than I should be tracking just because you've got no job or social life.

As for why I have a beef with Rogean (fuck it, might as well come out here):

When Div was doing really well last year I spent a very large portion of my time tracking (an obscene amount of time) to assure that we got those kills. We killed something like 75% of the targets through an entire month and sweeped 2 weeks (right after the first poopsock ended. We ignored sky for the moment and kicked ass on the ground). We were noticing people and guilds were getting to spawns right before the target would spawn (literally minutes) and this happened more than once. We camped mains and alts usually at the next likely target (later in the window) yet these guild(s) would get to an odd target (early window) buff up and a few minutes later it spawned. We weren't just being paranoid, as later Rogean informed us that there were something like 8 people cheating by getting the info from the P99 database and thus knew the spawns. Unfortunately, Rogean also said that these people were in all the raiding guilds and therefore punished nobody (had Div been taking advantage maybe they would have told me or the rest of the guild so we wouldn't have had to spend so much fucking time tracking if we already knew what and when it would spawn. We wouldn't have been missing the targets either). Needless to say, it was a huge dump down our guilds throat and mine and everyone else who helped track. Then last year he lets off 365 accounts and a very small number of that was in our guild and an exponentially larger amount in other raiding guilds (we were given the numbers and we're talking 5-6x as many). We wanted them gone, all of them and they were given the welcome mat after a slap on the wrist. Unfortunately these 2 fuck-ups aren't the only 2 fuckups. We actually pride ourselves on doing this in a clean matter that actually benefits the server as a whole. Div wants P99 to succeed and for it to flourish. Hell, I want it. I'm just hoping he'll wake up and realize he's pandered to the idiots far too often. He's shown he doesn't mind letting cheaters off nor does he punish guilds who cheat in an even manner (Perun SEQing on raids and IB walked and DA got punished for it twice, once for just some random member MQing in Lguk and the whole guild sat in raiding timeout). His decisions aren't always the brightest. There's more, too
Last edited by Skope; 01-19-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

i wasnt objecting to waiting 5 cycles, i would object to waiting 8, just because you think you are superior.

after those 5...the guilds that those 5 belong to should go to the BOTTOM of the rotation automatically, they've already got alot of epics and are probably working on alts already.

should be a roll between those major guilds that arent represented by the 5 poopsockers to determine start of rotation, but i'd settle for a roll with IB/TMO/VD/Taken/Divinity/BDA to determine the order, and all other interested guilds right after that in the order they post.

my opinion
Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not tracking for longer than I should be tracking just because you've got no job or social life.

As for why I have a beef with Rogean (fuck it, might as well come out here):

When Div was doing really well last year I spent a very large portion of my time tracking (an obscene amount of time) to assure that we got those kills. We killed something like 75% of the targets through an entire month and sweeped 2 weeks (right after the first poopsock ended. We ignored sky for the moment and kicked ass on the ground). We were noticing people and guilds were getting to spawns right before the target would spawn (literally minutes) and this happened more than once. We camped mains and alts usually at the next likely target (later in the window) yet these guild(s) would get to an odd target (early window) buff up and a few minutes later it spawned. We weren't just being paranoid, as later Rogean informed us that there were something like 8 people cheating by getting the info from the P99 database and thus knew the spawns. Unfortunately, Rogean also said that these people were in all the raiding guilds and therefore punished nobody (had Div been taking advantage maybe they would have told me or the rest of the guild so we wouldn't have had to spend so much fucking time tracking if we already knew what and when it would spawn. We wouldn't have been missing the targets either). Needless to say, it was a huge dump down our guilds throat and mine and everyone else who helped track. Then last year he lets off 365 accounts and a very small number of that was in our guild and an exponentially larger amount in other raiding guilds (we were given the numbers and we're talking 5-6x as many). We wanted them gone, all of them and they were given the welcome mat after a slap on the wrist. Unfortunately these 2 fuck-ups aren't the only 2 fuckups. We actually pride ourselves on doing this in a clean matter that actually benefits the server as a whole. Div wants P99 to succeed and for it to flourish. Hell, I want it. I'm just hoping he'll wake up and realize he's pandered to the idiots far too often
Great backstory to the server which has absolutely no relevance to ragefire.

Also, this is fucking everquest Time Invested = Rewards. Hurp de derp.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

He asked me what my prob with Rogean was, so there you go! :P
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Also, this is fucking everquest Time Invested = Rewards. Hurp de derp.
Why not agree to minimize the amount of time people have to invest?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not agree to minimize the amount of time people have to invest?
The ones who were willing to invest the most amount of time did and came to this agreement. Not my fault your clerics weren't willing to kill themselves for 13 year old pixels, TMO's/IB's are. Deal with it.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The ones who were willing to invest the most amount of time did and came to this agreement. Not my fault your clerics weren't willing to kill themselves for 13 year old pixels, TMO's/IB's are. Deal with it.
Am I being trolled?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
How long before they too quit and have to be replaced by more clerics who need to spend more obscene amounts of time at ragefire? Your turnover rate has been atrocious for 2 years. It's a never-ending cycle that only a handful of people stick with and the others are replaced, and you opt to keep going as one of that small minority rather than pandering to the majority? You're gonna be at ragefire forever unless things change, dude. You're always recruiting, and it's not because you're awesome to hang out with and the server rules are lovely.
Closed Thread