Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Yeah, teams complicate a lot. I think the safety net people feel with teams gives them the courage to try PvP but if they just tried it without teams they would realize it is fine. There is always a guild that will take you in and provide you the "team" you want. Also, PvP servers are smaller and there are only going to be like 5 guilds max so the teams are pretty close to what a hard coded teams server would be.

The last thing you want is a level 1 cleric with DA on your team running towards you with a train and you can't do anything about it.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't know about cross teaming do ya

Guilds are the teams you are looking for
hardcode the teams and if they coordinate around that god bless.

teams provide a built-in support base for new and casual players.

item loot is a great idea in theory when people dream of 6 guys in rags prying a fungi off of an unrest twink but in reality it just makes more people ragequit in an environment where low population and a relatively low interest in everquest pvp is already an issue.

not that a teams, item loot, or teams+item loot server will ever exist anyway.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do and I will.
Happy for you.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hardcode the teams and if they coordinate around that god bless.

teams provide a built-in support base for new and casual players.

item loot is a great idea in theory when people dream of 6 guys in rags prying a fungi off of an unrest twink but in reality it just makes more people ragequit in an environment where low population and a relatively low interest in everquest pvp is already an issue.

not that a teams, item loot, or teams+item loot server will ever exist anyway.
If training is illegal hard coding teams would be possible but a GM nightmare just like Red99 was. I like no rule servers other than cheating/3rd party programs though so you don't have to rely on GMs to enforce things, which always turns into petition quest.

Item loot works really well on RoZ, worn items cannot be looted. Only 1 item in inventory (including what is in bags) and coin. You really only end up looting cash gems, consumables or items the person was just farming. There have been rare instances of things like AoNs or dragon loot being taken during mass pvp right after a dragon kill.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

make all items droppable other than epics and keys a la Fironia Vie
Old 05-16-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play blue because there isnt a racial pvp server (ie: Tallon Zek ruleset) - if green were to become that, I would stop playing blue. I think many others would too. Reason being you are not kos to everyone, only other races.

Then of course you would have to figure out how dark races will raid without bards, druids and rangers....
Innoruuk and Karana Half elves are evil. Fixed!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make all items droppable other than epics and keys a la Fironia Vie
that would be interesting.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

What is cheating on a "no rules" server?
Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA PVP Does not work with casuals, period
Pretty much this. People quit over getting pked on a pvp server. Item loot will turn into a 50 person box.

Hard code teams. Make it +/- 8 levels and coin only.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this. People quit over getting pked on a pvp server. Item loot will turn into a 50 person box.

Hard code teams. Make it +/- 8 levels and coin only.
These RoZ type box just want to cater to the same people who need some bodies on the server to make it feel not so empty. It would be so easy to get 200-300 people including casuals with their shitty code and a few rule changes, but it’s the same old degenerates.

It’s dumb to play on anything other than red99 if you want eq or pvp really. Which means sidelines.
Last edited by Tassador; 05-17-2019 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Y
Closed Thread