Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that he wasn't killed till November of 2003, right?
I actually thought it was later than that. Regardless of when it happened, you're missing the point, he was never supposed to be killable regardless of the timeline of when he died. Yet nonetheless, he died. Rathe wasn't supposed to be killable and it was changed maybe 1 or 2 days before it would have died in its "unkillable" form.

Quote:
It's about being able to do enough DPS to a mob so many levels higher than you (ie, melee hitting mobs for 10's . It's about the fact that most spells should be resisted by the mobs. It's about the mobs being able to kill players in 4 swipes and pets in 2. What strategy could your guild have possibly come up with that 30+ other guilds didn't.

If you honestly think that Sky should be finish-able before Kunark due to your "superior skill" then I don't know what to tell you.

I wish I could find the post where a dev even pointed out exactly how insanely hard the last couple islands are supposed to be but it's possible that it was in the rants section so I can't do a proper search for it.
There are a lot of strategies and knowledge that came about long after Sky was released (hell even after Kunark) that you can apply back to original EQ and make content there doable when it previously wasn't.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Once again chicanery putting in his 2 cents for some extra attention. Basically he has no idea what hes talking about but absolutely must feel noticed.

We're not going to tell you about the bosses in sky chicanery, why dont you focus on what Divinity is doing instead of always trying to involve yourself in other people's business. You try to be all passive in your troll attempts but its not fooling anyone, you're absolutely the worst troll on these forums. I'd prefer random anontards to watching you post your idiotic commentary to the world.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You realize that he wasn't killed till November of 2003, right?

Lol
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Why are you guys arguing about kerafyrm?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of strategies and knowledge that came about long after Sky was released (hell even after Kunark) that you can apply back to original EQ and make content there doable when it previously wasn't.

You are correct. After is the key word here.

There was a lot of content designed to be only doable after future releases to the game. You can see it regularly throughout EQ history. Added levels, added AA's, added spells, disciplines and skills and of course gear. Much of this content was doable after the fact, not within a week of its release.

Your examples do not prove that content should be easier now based on strategies.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again chicanery putting in his 2 cents for some extra attention. Basically he has no idea what hes talking about but absolutely must feel noticed.

We're not going to tell you about the bosses in sky chicanery, why dont you focus on what Divinity is doing instead of always trying to involve yourself in other people's business. You try to be all passive in your troll attempts but its not fooling anyone, you're absolutely the worst troll on these forums. I'd prefer random anontards to watching you post your idiotic commentary to the world.
Adults are conversing Gwence.
Go to R&F.

Or feel free to add something to the conversation. But you are, by definition, being a troll at this point.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Aviak

First cleric to max H2H? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's about being able to do enough DPS to a mob so many levels higher than you (ie, melee hitting mobs for 10's . It's about the fact that most spells should be resisted by the mobs. It's about the mobs being able to kill players in 4 swipes and pets in 2.
Sounds about right, then we killed it.

Quote:
What strategy could your guild have possibly come up with that 30+ other guilds didn't.
The winning one?

Quote:
If you honestly think that Sky should be finish-able before Kunark due to your "superior skill" then I don't know what to tell you..
You seriously underestimate the benefit of hindsight - including all strats used on all mobs throughout EQ history. Shit, I don't think anyone even did a CH chain in classic - it took time to come up with that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You are correct. After is the key word here.

There was a lot of content designed to be only doable after future releases to the game. You can see it regularly throughout EQ history. Added levels, added AA's, added spells, disciplines and skills and of course gear. Much of this content was doable after the fact, not within a week of its release.

Your examples do not prove that content should be easier now based on strategies.
Strats, knowledge, and information don't go away/not get used just because the emu server hasn't reached the point in the game they were "discovered" on live. I still remember the vague spawn layout of Velks spiders from all the time I spent there, just because it hasn't been released on this server yet doesn't mean the knowledge can't be present. I never said anything about added levels, AA's, discs, spells, or gear because they aren't necessary in this case.

I've intentionally left out exact strats and while I could post specific examples as to what knowledge/strats/information "discovered" post-Sky that can be applied to pre-Sky (or in Sky in this case I suppose) and has made previously "impossible" bosses possible but I'm not going to because that's most of what makes EQ raiding fun - using your brain to solve a problem as opposed to just reading a guide that tells you the exact steps to take a mob from 100% to dead like was available for every single mob in WoW.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Im not going to add something when you're involved in the conversation because you're a retard and all you want is for us to detail out our strategies so you can attempt to critique them or something. You dont know enough about this game to critique anything, probably dont even know enough about your own class to critique that.

Notice how you are the only Non IB/DA person that has gotten involved in sky disputes/discussions. Hell, even WI people arent getting involved and they have at least been up in the zone.

So once again I'll say, worry about your own business please. No one cares about your "re-cap" postings like you're some 8 year old having to say out loud "let me get this straight" every 10 seconds.
Closed Thread