Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could see Monk/Necro duo being decent 50+ in CoM. The necro would be pet dmg + healing and the monk is dmg + single pulls. If the Monks hp gets low just step back and let the pet take some hits while the monk gets a couple ticks of necro heal.

Once all the mobs turn green except for wraiths and greater warbones then it's group time.
The way the server is now though, it'd be kinda shitty to duo a camp that 6 people usually group at.

I'd do 49-54 in Highkeep (nobles) or doing Felwithe/Kaladim/Kelethin/etc guards, be good guys and not choke the well trodden leveling areas.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way the server is now though, it'd be kinda shitty to duo a camp that 6 people usually group at.

I'd do 49-54 in Highkeep (nobles) or doing Felwithe/Kaladim/Kelethin/etc guards, be good guys and not choke the well trodden leveling areas.
Meh CoM isn't as well trodden as you think. Usually something is open. When I was lvl'n my monk there I would try to keep the group as small as possible. Mainly because there just isn't enough mobs in camp for a full group, and I hated having to run throughout CoM looking for something to pull.

Besides if CoM is packed then they can group and if it's not then they can claim something. If they log into whatever city/highkeep and its camped then it's time to log again.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

Depends on what and where you plan on playing. Necro charm + shaman is ungodly, I levelled my necro in CoM @ Moat and w/ a phantom pet the two of us were able to clear all of moat and about half the arena. There are full 6 man groups that can't do that. If you want to do really "hard" content that doesn't have undead or isn't outdoors the necro is gonna be wasted, monk shaman is better if doing shit like crypt or w/e. But if it's easier content that a tank isn't needed, necro is hands down better. Two root rot classes that feed into each other with twitch, regrowth, necro manaless heals, canni, lich, necro gets PE early @49, shaman can snare for free if troll, necro can fear for dirt cheap esp w/ staff, okayish rogue pet if outdoors fearing, blah blah list goes on. If you can bring a necro and utilize it well you'll fucking destroy content simply because 2 soloers are even better when duoing. Almost every class that can solo does even better when another soloer is added. Play what you want, but shm necro is fucking beastly if you find a place you can use all your tools in. Necro is a freak when duoing, the amount of utility they have is terrifying.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

A friend and I always teamed up playing SK and Pally combo. Not very useful combo to b0x together but we were always a great team to take down mobs with.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Orc

Was just owning BW giant fort with a monk last night (Necro here). So you shouldnt have an issue hitting 54-56 ish duo.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rciv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was just owning BW giant fort with a monk last night (Necro here). So you shouldnt have an issue hitting 54-56 ish duo.
How was the monks gear?
Old 07-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Orc

It was very good. Epic etc.. But it was fear kiting so he wasn't taking a ton of hits. Sure, it would be slower with a mediocre geared monk, but the mana free dps on feared mobs and having a puller makes life easier as a necro.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

^that makes a huge difference. Necro monk is absolutely doable (I think OP already rerolled sham though) because necro is a solo class so any other class can be there to help him solo but it doesnt bring anything new to the table. A monk sham is a duo because the sham and monk allow each other to do things they can't do solo i.e. endlessly and safely chainpull and grind nonstop 34+. Monk is just another pet in a fear kite.
Closed Thread