Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Monk+Necro?

Hey guys, got my brother to play and he's set on playing a Monk. I know the general consensus is to go Shaman, and while I'm not totally opposed to that, I think I'd prefer to play Necro and was wondering about the viability of this duo endgame and leveling up. Would Shaman/Monk just be leaps and bounds ahead of Necro/Monk? Also open to other Monk/whatever duo ideas.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

OK leveling up in outdoor zones. snare/fear early on followed by snare/intimidation. I'd go both iksar for the extra regen to keep down time low. Once you hit around 47 (once you are done at yeti caves in DL) you will need to group. Leveling path should be FoB until 16ish ---> forest giants in WW ---> giant fort in frontier ------> yeti caves

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 07-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Banned

As Oleris says, you'll have a good time outside using snares + fear. However, the necro is a shitty buffer, as 99% of necro spells (minus patch heal and DMF) are self-only.

The shaman can buff the monk up into a killing machine, while still adding pet + DoT DPS.

Even more importantly, the shaman can slow, rendering otherwise deadly enemies a joke.

So. You can do it. But don't expect to be duoing named mobs in high end dungeons, nawmean
Old 07-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Gonna respond to the important part of your question in a direct way. Sham /monk is not just heads and shoulders above monk / necro but whole bodies stacked on each other. it is possibly the best duo combo period and certainly while leveling.
as your first chars and since rmt seems to finally be dead on the server a monk and sham give each other all the things a twink gets. Sham gets mana free damage. Monk gets haste regeneration stats aND in creased mitigation from slow.
Last edited by godbox; 07-20-2015 at 02:04 AM..
Old 07-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks everyone. I'm making the long trek from Oggok to Field of Bone now!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Gonna be a pain to train ogre skills if your on kunark. ikky is a fine sham choice
Old 07-20-2015, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Yes - be aware (especially if this is your first toon on the server) that most people who DO end up going to fob at least stock up on their spells to their late teens / early 20s. That being said, if you have the cash, the bags, and the spells already, FoB is a great area to level and kurns exp is so fast it feels like power leveling. So if you have the means to buy the spells, I would suggest ogre. If not and your friend is an ikky, go lizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2015, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Even a Druid, Monk is not too bad till like 50. I am not too much into the Necro thingy like others have said. Necro is a Solo beast like it or not on average. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2015, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes - be aware (especially if this is your first toon on the server) that most people who DO end up going to fob at least stock up on their spells to their late teens / early 20s. That being said, if you have the cash, the bags, and the spells already, FoB is a great area to level and kurns exp is so fast it feels like power leveling. So if you have the means to buy the spells, I would suggest ogre. If not and your friend is an ikky, go lizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And he will have to run back to oggok to train meditate at 8
Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And he will have to run back to oggok to train meditate at 8
ahh VERY good point. probably best to level in feerrott until 8 and then load up on spells and head to loio. a life without meditate as a caster is rough.