Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default Recycle 99 strat

I was thinking about the Recycle 99 server that the GM's announced was on the books for the future. There being no mid or end game, no twinks, no PL's, no economy, from the start changes the game in a way that I don't think I've ever really experienced it.

I was thinking about what class I would choose, and how I would go about it. Would I go group specific to enjoy that low end freedom and struggle of playing through CB groups without any twinks? Maybe Bard so I could swarm as soon as I get to 18, and lead the pack to end game, but then be bored once I get there?

I think I'm going to end up going Necro, or Druid. What class/race combo are you guys going to go, and what's your plan to get to 50?

Asher
Old 07-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Necro and solo to 50. Lock manastone camp, get 10 thex daggers etc. you know the usual eq stuff
Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Necro, Mage, Druid, Enchanter will be the big 4 that get soloed up.

Manastone, Thex Dagger, Rubicite BP, Guise will be permafarmed until they are removed.

Re-99 will be messy due to how popular it will be as compared to P99 circa 2009.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Get your ass inside fear asap for lustrous russet too
Old 07-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking about the Recycle 99 server that the GM's announced was on the books for the future. There being no mid or end game, no twinks, no PL's, no economy, from the start changes the game in a way that I don't think I've ever really experienced it.

I was thinking about what class I would choose, and how I would go about it. Would I go group specific to enjoy that low end freedom and struggle of playing through CB groups without any twinks? Maybe Bard so I could swarm as soon as I get to 18, and lead the pack to end game, but then be bored once I get there?

I think I'm going to end up going Necro, or Druid. What class/race combo are you guys going to go, and what's your plan to get to 50?
AEing on a bard quickly to 18? No way. You'd get suspended for zone disruption because you'd be running around for an hour with 6 mobs chasing you while you try to find stuff respawning on its spawn points to add to your pull before you actually kill it.

A restart of p99 with 1k people online at peak, let alone 1500 or 2000 or even more, would be a frenzy.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

AE Kiting a bard sucks in classic too. You can do Karana's to like.. 35-36. After that you'd have to charm kill hill Giants then seafuries to level.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

I really hope this happens I didn't play nearly enough when p99 was still in classic era. I'd roll a cleric and shoot for 60. There will be a high demand for them in groups especially as the player base gets higher in level.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

re99 would be fun. I would love a dark elf monk/sham and chars bound at firepots. I think the "game" of classic eq is so well learned at this point though we would see as above stated a handful of people locking down the interesting nonraid content that gets nerfed on timeline in order to hoard it for plat later. An obnoxious habit. Should limit peoples accounts so they cant have literally an endless supply of lore items on an endless number of bank toons.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

I actually don't think it will be that popular.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Green99 is an absolute certainty. Not sure what I'll play probably a chanter and embrace the suckiness that was pre-29 classic chanter ^^of course charm is infinitely more reliable and our animations infinitely more robust here than they were in 99.
Closed Thread