Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly why Blue sucks and Red is not so bad. Artificial rules about handing off camps to others and what not. Bottlenecks on key loots for MQs. Just let the players fight it out.
Can't agree there, my opinion of red and its culture is unfit for posting on this forum. Blue has some faults, but it's a decent experience overall.

Danth
Old 04-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that was happening for a while with shralok packs.. nobody was allowed to even get on the list. it was "between friends" which meant "fuck you noob, who cares if they are lvl 20 mobs and im a 53."
I never experienced this on Terris-Thule. Was always level 10-high teens grouping here in classic era. Level appropriate groups always took prescedence.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe they are talking about p99? I don't remember the pack guy being all that hot of a camped item in classic either. maybe because boxes of abu kar weren't terribly rare to get as drops. The granite tomahawk guy, man he was perma camped with people waitingin line. Maybe that's the guy he's thinking of.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Kobold

You don't need evidence that camping items happened, people had the items, that is the evidence.

You need evidence to prove that there were rules in place that prevented this sort of thing during classic, that would prove your point.

Show me rules that say there is a limit on how long a camp can be held or that a player who owns a particular item is not allowed in said corresponding camp please.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need evidence that camping items happened, people had the items, that is the evidence.

You need evidence to prove that there were rules in place that prevented this sort of thing during classic, that would prove your point.

Show me rules that say there is a limit on how long a camp can be held or that a player who owns a particular item is not allowed in said corresponding camp please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4jUmfLZ0VsQJ:na_koa.tripod.com/stories/PandP0600.rtf+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
8.2.3 Contested Spawn Complaints

When a complaint is received indicating that a spawn or kill is contested, a disruption investigation should first be initiated according to the procedures of section 8.2.2 to determine if harassment or Zone/Area disruption is occurring. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, instruct the parties involved in the contested spawn situation to work out a compromise. Then leave the scene.

If another complaint is received involving the same spawn site, another disruption investigation should be initiated. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, if any of the parties involved were involved in the initial situation, establish a compromise for the parties to which the parties are required to abide. The compromise should be as described in section 8.2.3.1. Any party refusing to abide by the compromise established by the CS Representative should be issued a warning for disruption.
On PvP servers, where players can reach a solution to the contested spawn situation, the CS Representative does not need to require the players to share the spawn.
8.2.3.1 The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s). All parties involved in the contested spawn should be instructed to use /random 0 100 to choose a number. The CS Representative then uses /random 0 100. The individual with the closest number to the CS Representative's number will be next in the rotation. The CS Representative then bases the rest of the rotation order on how close the other parties' numbers were to theirs. The compromise established by a CS Representative must be objective and not require the CS Representative to choose one customer over another based on subjective criteria. The CS Representative is the arbiter in any disputes in establishing the compromise.
In other words, when two people fought over the camp there was no letting anyone keep it: they just made both parties roll off for it, then pass it in a rotation.

The idea of a camp being held for so long that a GM would even have to come back more than once wasn't even considered, let alone someone holding a camp for even 24 hours! The idea of "locking" a camp for days, let alone months at a time, was quite frankly impossible according to these guidelines: disputes were resolved by the random mechanism on the second GM visit, and if people didn't like it they faced GM wrath (... except on PvP servers of course.)

And I should note what a relatively small portion of the GM guidebook that section is (there were seven more entire sections before, and one after plus some apendices). Camp disputes really weren't the bulk of CSR work on live; they were busy dealing with people falling through the world and other such nonsense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But again, all this is irrelevant here: P99 does not have a paid staff of GMs/Guides, so it's unreasonable to expect similar CSR policies here. Our volunteers have less time and more difficult players, so I imagine that's why they can't "babysit" camp rotations to re-create classic policies.

I post the above only to point out how distorted people's memories of live are ... but even then (as others have noted) CSR policies were applied wildly inconsistently, so even with this "proof" it's hard to say anyone's memories are "wrong", because the people staffing their server might have ignored the book. Also, pretty much everyone live feared GMs, so there was very little if any comprehensive "testing" of these policies by players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-13-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

The number of times I have 't fell thru the world is rather nonclassic.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

I think 90% of the guides duties were responding to "my corpse is lost/stuck. HALP"
Old 04-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe they are talking about p99? I don't remember the pack guy being all that hot of a camped item in classic either. maybe because boxes of abu kar weren't terribly rare to get as drops. The granite tomahawk guy, man he was perma camped with people waitingin line. Maybe that's the guy he's thinking of.

I was talking about P99. Ive only been on here for 1.5 months or so... The shralok packs are damn near impossible to get into line. Most of the time, the people wont even reply if you talk to him because they know you gonna ask about list. No reply, no list.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

If you are after the pack, forget about hhp, go to kiticor, the mob there is static, almost on the wall on a safe spot during the night, spawn in around 1/3 ph kill and has the bag 100%... Don't go on the hhp camp unless you want the idols, with all the heavy competition...
Closed Thread