Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:37 PM
Large Rat

Default Grouping at low levels?

Hello all,

I played the original Everquest from day 1 of launch when it came out. I've played a cleric, paladin, warrior, shaman, enchanter and monk all to level 50.

I've had the itch lately to come back and play again but so far have been very disappointed with regular EQ as no one groups at low levels anymore. All the guilds are filled with level 85 and above players and it's not even fun to try and play with just me and a mercenary.

My question is, what's it like here? Do you go hours with no one to hunt with? I haven't even rolled a character yet (most likely a cleric as they were always my favorite). Just don't want to install everything just to be let down.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Banned

Yeah man you'll be fine!!! P99 is healthy and everything you want, you'll find here! I promise you that! It'll scratch those itches for sure! Those first couple levels will be lame till you get out of the newbie yard, you'll probably be solo for those first 4 or 5 levels... But once you enter your first zone. Let's say crushbone or something, you'll be having a blast!

As for cleric- Solid toon choice. Big roll in end game.
Last edited by bigjeff100; 04-16-2019 at 06:06 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

This server is nine years old. Lots of twinks, lots of jaded people. Low level grouping is terrible these days unless you join one of the larger guilds or incredibly patient with wait lists. My last alt had to solo and push through the teens. Grouping got a lot better in the 20/30s
Old 04-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Kobold

Wow, I'm new here with a LVL 30 enchanter and 10 bard. if you stick to the popular spots IE crushbone unrest etc that didn't a day go by that I wasn't in a group.how people were inviting you to inefficient groups even ie:3 enchanters in a group at level nine. Not only that but if you are nice and talk with people a lot of the older twinks are now giving out Platt and gear just to be nice because they know how hard it is to start on the server.

The experience now on p99 is pretty much better than what it live was back in the day
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Orc

I've gotten gear given to me more then once for both my level 15 druid and my level 16 warrior. I joined a guild on my first day on p99 and they are always grouping together.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

I came back this month and have fooled around with a few different characters. It is definitely better than live. I didn't think the grouping experience was all that great at low levels. I'm talking below 15. The vast majority of people are twinked and you see a lot of people soloing for things like crushbone belts or gnoll fangs or being power leveled.

I cannot attest to anything outside of the low levels this time around and would defer to Jauna who said it gets better in the 20s. I played to level 35 a few years ago and I don't remember grouping being such a hassle.

If you have never tried P99 it is well worth giving it ago, just for the incredible nostolgia kick.

Right now I am debating whether I want to keep playing or just wait til hopefully they release P99 Green (a long rumored fresh recycle server) or if I can keep an eye on the forums for some new guild starting with a lot of low levels similar to Auld Lang Syne or something. I've even considered gauging the interest for a new version of ALS for low levels, since that guild seems to be fairly high level now. ALS is a non-twinking guild. I don't know the first thing about starting or running a guild unfortunately.

There are a lot of nice people on the server and from my experience people will randomly offer you PP or gear to help you get going. Just don't go in expecting it to be like a fresh server with lots of low levels grouping everywhere.

I don't mean to sound overly negative. I just wanted to relate what my experience has been the last month or so on P99. When it comes down to it, if you want to try it, you should.
Last edited by slowpoke68; 04-16-2019 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Large Rat

Made me a DE Cleric. Names is Eyesu if anyone is on at anytime and wants to say hello!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Banned

Stick to the popular spots, clerics can usually find groups pretty easy.

Just /who +/- 3 levels of yourself to get a good idea of where to go.

The xp superhighway is basically crushbone, unrest, guk, highpass, mistmoore, highkeep, city of mist, karnors, howling stones / sebilis.

Later on, you can also /who enchanter +/- 3 levels of yourself and go duo whatever the hell you want.
Last edited by kjs86z; 04-17-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Old 04-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Alternatively, if you end up not wanting to group, come out to Befallen.

I was the only person there for half of yesterday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 04-17-2019, 10:30 PM
Large Rat

Just hit level 3.

Forgot how much fun this game was before all of it went to hell. I was thrilled when a druid hit me with a SOW while I was playing. Fun so far.
Closed Thread