Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Default What should be on my radar as I'm approaching level 50?

Played EQ from 1999-2004, recently rediscovered it through P99. Thanks for this awesome project.

I'm getting close to level 50 on my rogue and I want to start getting things on my radar that every 50+ should do outside of leveling. For example, it's my understanding that I'll need to grind some faction for my OT hammer so I probably shouldn't go killing stuff in Karnor just yet, or am I misinformed about that?

Is there anything else I should be doing in certain orders to make myself a more useful 50+ character? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

retirement
Old 04-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

With regards to OT hammer, unless you're already amiable faction in OT, most people either use guild resources (if you're in a guild) to use puppet strings to charm the quest giver and then turn in jade for hammer or pay someone to use their strings to do the same. In either instance, faction is irrelevant as you'll be using charm which automatically give you sufficient faction to do the quest. So feel free to trash your OT faction whenever you want if you're going to buy the hammer.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

If you wanted to do the quest for the OT hammer, don't hunt in Karnors, Howling Stones or Kaesora until you've completed it. I did it on my agnostic rogue with a illusion mask in my early 40s. Took 21 turn ins and got me quite a few levels as well. Can be annoying if more than 1 other person is camping the braids as there isn't that many spawns.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

OT hammer = just pay the 2k or so, ignore any OT faction loss.

As a rogue >lvl 45, the #1 thing is your epic.

After that may be working on velious factions (armor / dorf ring)
Old 04-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Banned

Save all your pennies and buy your epic for 30k.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

If it's your first character I would take a stab (hehehehe) at just doing the epic quest yourself. It is widely considered the easiest of the epic quests but you will definitely need to join a guild that goes up to Hate if you aren't already in one. Everything else you can pretty much do on your own up to the point of killing General in Kithicor, which for most people is preferable to have about 2 groups with a level 60 tank and a few healers. The Renux fight in Steamfont can be done very easily with you and any (preferably level 60) character that can snare kite her. You have more than likely looked into this already but many people will just recommend buying it which for me doesn't make sense on your first character. To each his own.

As for the OT hammer I would probably recommend just purchasing the MQ service like previously mentioned. It may not be everyone's favorite zone but ruling out KC for yourself at level 50 would be rough unless you planned on knocking out the quest before grouping again. 2k is pretty reasonable though for how important the hammer will be for you.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

OT hammer, epic quest, resist gear, and raid as much as possible at a chance to blow your dkp load on Tunares wep.

Gluck!
Old 04-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Once you hit your 50s you should level a new alt in to their 50s every other time your rogue dings.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Rogue in 50's is pretty damn boring. Either work towards epic or level an alt.
Closed Thread