Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Large Rat

Default Low level zone populations

Hey all, just one simple quick question. I've been getting the urge to jump in and check this out, I see that the server is definitely the most popular and has a pretty good population whenever I check EQEMU stats. I'm just wondering what the leveling experience will be like for a noob since the server has been around for a while is there still a good population at low levels or is the vast majority all up at the top and the lower level zones have few players? And are there any particular zones that have a more reliable population at low levels that might be more recommendable to start in?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Large Rat

I just started a few days ago and I've seen about 6-8 newbies like myself running around Nek Forest, actually 12 on right now between 1 - 12.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Between new players and experienced ones on their fifth alt, there's plenty of people to play with, as long as you stick to the popular zones (which are pretty much the same "XP highway" of popular places like Unrest and Mistmoore that people stuck to on live)..

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you start in one of the Faydwer cities or Freeport/Neriak you'll never be short of people to group with ^^

Over in Qeynos/Erudin things are a bit more quiet and any trolls/ogres/barbarians will tend to migrate at some point.

All you need is a port and a bind if a quiet city/starting area isn't what you're after - "/who all dial" should give you a list of possible porters to help you get there ^^
Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 AM
Large Rat

Alright thanks folks
Old 04-19-2019, 04:02 AM
Aviak

Or come join us on red when you have to wait 4 hours for a group in MM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Btw welcome to p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or come join us on red when you have to wait 4 hours for a group in MM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Btw welcome to p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or, you know, play elsewhere if MM is so crowded. but not on red
Old 04-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Large Rat

I was playing for a few hours last night in Nek forest and there were between 8 to 16 people on for the entire time.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Honestly, the more people we have coming in the better, I'd love to see Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, and Droga get more love.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, the more people we have coming in the better, I'd love to see Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, and Droga get more love.
Droga and Nurga have plenty of activity now (thanks to the Chardok 2.0 revamp). But Kaesora and Dalnir will always be (relative) dead zones (although Kaesora will at least have some small traffic from people killing Xalgoz).

It would take more than a change in population (ie. a change in ZEM) for those zones to see more actual play.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread