Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got some of them, but nothing game changing.

I can't think of many clickies that would make a mage half as good as a Shaman or Enchanter even without said clickies. Plus any useful item you might want to give your mage pet to give it some much needed oooomph will be lost, unlike those you can give a charmed pet and get back if you know what you're doing

And don't get me started about no pet raids... Yeah, Now all I can do is try & cast nukes that will hardly ever land since they're fire & magic based 👍👍
A bag or two full of wooly-spider root nets!
Old 04-11-2021, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I just find that some classes (mainly nec and enchanter) are able to solo content, including attractive camps, that likely was intended for groups.

Then ZEM changes made dungeon grouping less attractive.

The result is that it's difficult to find groups for classes that need groups to get anywhere anytime before Green is done. Especially difficult for players playing on less populated time zones.

Sure, I'd love to twink a melee and solo my way but the cost to twink a melee is out of this world in comparison to what it takes to twink a caster. For the price of just one Fungi I could twink 4 enchanters with GGR+Jboots and the works.

Some of this is what EQ is but ZEM changes and other non-classic aspects certainly could be changed.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Haven’t had trouble finding groups in any dungeons except certain lowbie ones. Finding groups has always been an issue for people in different time zones
Old 04-11-2021, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bag or two full of wooly-spider root nets!
You can't compare 3 charge spider nets to shamans' root that lasts for ages, slow, and DoTs

Any Torp shaman can handle a handful of blue con mobs with enough room to move, even summoning ones without a sweat. I'd never try and do that on my mage with more than a couple mobs and a dozen nets handy
Old 04-11-2021, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't compare 3 charge spider nets to shamans' root that lasts for ages, slow, and DoTs

Any Torp shaman can handle a handful of blue con mobs with enough room to move, even summoning ones without a sweat. I'd never try and do that on my mage with more than a couple mobs and a dozen nets handy
Only caveat would be once you have the vocorate earth pet that basically procs a root instantly. I’d feel comfortable handling multiple mobs with that
Old 04-11-2021, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only caveat would be once you have the vocorate earth pet that basically procs a root instantly. I’d feel comfortable handling multiple mobs with that
In theory yup, except mage pet aggro management sucks: Gluck having a pet focus on the target you want it to if a couple mobs are rooted close to each others and in melee range of your pet,
Earth pet's root can and will be resisted by mobs and is short duration
Post 55, there's hardly any blue con mob your pet will be able to handle on it own, let alone several. So hoping root lasts long enough on 2+ mobs for you to chain cast another pet and give it a DS and possibly Burnout seems very tricky to me.

I guess I'll have to try with a couple geonids one of these days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2021, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I stopped reading OP after finding magician and OP in the same sentence...

Mages have no effing defensive spell or skill, aside from Gate.
No root, no mez, no slow, no charm, no rune, no fancy magic shield / hp buffer, no kick ass self buffs, no nothing

Just one pet that lacks proper hps to tank any serious mob. Nukes that are subpar compared to wizards', and about as good as druids'

Ignore the pet, kick the mage's teeth in, and you've won.
When chain pet was working, meaning the pet dies as you summon another an the agro of the dead pet does not go to the caster, you could do some crazy things.
My earth 49 pet only costs 200 mana, w/ foci the possible hps depending on level 3250hp-3600hps. It take's me 1 min to med 200 mana back, as long as my pet doesn't die in 1 min, I could potentially do infinite damage. As you can keep summon a new pet every min if need be.OP? Yes
I can solo KC non-stop as my pet can solo most mobs, the pet might almost die, but by that time i've med back the 200 mana i used to cast him.
If i get involved i can take 2-3 at a time if need be. Also Malo plus earth pet root is actually really powerful for splits and CC, FYI.
Last edited by NPC; 04-16-2021 at 06:47 PM..
Old 04-16-2021, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how this post is about Melee. Some of you havn't played Wizzy[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] at least Melee constantly doing dmg and bashing. Wizzy = ice comet pray no resist then mana.. Resist and accept res afterwards..

Yes wizzy can solo lvl. But who cares about solo leveling. As melee form groups. As a ranger form a group(be the puller). If your hate for melee that you can't find groups. Take a breathe, realize maybe you have bad rep? And try and fix it. Join a guild, or group of people you constantly run with.

If your hate is I can't solo a cash camp.. Move on to ones you can. SK can easily solo FBSS, Ice giants, Hill giants, HHK guards. Don't be mad that the enc or necro is soloing Howling stones, or fire giants. Just realize were limited but can still have fun and make money, and earn pixals.
Ice comet is trash, draught of fire, or pillar of flame son.
Draught of fire way more powerful than Ice comet.
You can draught of fire twice before IC goes off once.
688 x 2 = 1376 in 6 seconds, resisted MUCH less
Pillar of flame 952 dmg x4 in 4.5 seconds= 3808 dmg for 364 mana, there's no better mana ratio in the game, excpet PBaoe of course. Need a group for that.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Got some of them, but nothing game changing.

I can't think of many clickies that would make a mage half as good as a Shaman or Enchanter even without said clickies. Plus any useful item you might want to give your mage pet to give it some much needed oooomph will be lost, unlike those you can give a charmed pet and get back if you know what you're doing

And don't get me started about no pet raids... Yeah, Now all I can do is try & cast nukes that will hardly ever land since they're fire & magic based 👍👍
Burnt wood staff
Old 04-16-2021, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Around Dragons of Norrath expansion, there was a Dev post that revealed Bash/slam had been broken since implementation - it was meant to have generated aggro similar to spell stun, but it was bugged since inception.

Bash was meant to be the mechanic for tanks to build aggro (hence why plate fighters had it).

All that time the had Devs thought the players were just a bunch of idiot munchkins using duel wield / 2 handers just to be awesome, and the players hadn't realised the super aggro of bash! Of course, by the time this bug was discovered and DoN was out, the player meta of the game had adapted to offset this (warriors using off hand proc weapons and low delay primary to build max aggro).

Rather than fix the bug, the Devs just started adding far more 'Furious Bash' shields and some shield related aa.

Similarly, taunt had been broken to never work on anything yellow or red for years too.

So yeah, while pets being OP was a big part of things (and this is despite pets being repeatedly nerfed), another problem was tanks (especially warriors) had their two main tools of acquiring / consolidating aggro in a bugged state since day 0.

Classic.

Can you imagine if the original devs had learned to code?

You're litterally describing a world without WoW.

Like Atlantis. It's hard to determine whether this is a legend or a fiary tale!
Closed Thread