Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how this post is about Melee. Some of you havn't played Wizzy[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] at least Melee constantly doing dmg and bashing. Wizzy = ice comet pray no resist then mana.. Resist and accept res afterwards..

Yes wizzy can solo lvl. But who cares about solo leveling. As melee form groups. As a ranger form a group(be the puller). If your hate for melee that you can't find groups. Take a breathe, realize maybe you have bad rep? And try and fix it. Join a guild, or group of people you constantly run with.
I'm playing a wizard right now, currently level 19, after having played a mage to 44. I suppose I'll learn in due time what really is better but I figure in the long run a wizard will be more fun and interesting later.

On the surface though, it just seems like the wizard will be better over the long haul. I feel like a wizard with good gear and all of their clickies will just be more fun and powerful. They also get noticable benefits from actually being geared, while my mage just puts on a focus item and runs around wearing a starter robe and little else. No joke, I am literally doing this right now, my mage at 44 is wearing a Sr. Purple Apprentice Robe and still killing blues at his level.

I also am liking the fact that my wizard can zone and drop invis somewhere, and immediately be battle ready, while my mage needs a few moments to do anything. A mage caught without a pet feels like literal dog food.

And then finally, as a wizard I can look forward to playing my fantasy in a raid later and actually launch lightning bolts at that terrifying dragon, as opposed to standing in the back and pooping out mod rods.

Again I could be wrong but these are just the impressions I am getting. I admit I don't have any higher level experiences so I could be totally wrong. Please don't hurt me lols.
Last edited by tadkins; 04-16-2021 at 09:33 PM..
Old 04-16-2021, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as opposed to standing in the back and pooping out mod rods.
Don't forget CoTHing an entire raid force. Sitting with your face in a wall and dropping eyeballs for X amount of time is a stimulating raid experience.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget CoTHing an entire raid force. Sitting with your face in a wall and dropping eyeballs for X amount of time is a stimulating raid experience.
Ah yeah that's true, forgot about that one.

But yup it was disappointing to find out I wouldn't really even be allowed to sic a buffed pet on a boss.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm playing a wizard right now, currently level 19, after having played a mage to 44. I suppose I'll learn in due time what really is better but I figure in the long run a wizard will be more fun and interesting later.

On the surface though, it just seems like the wizard will be better over the long haul. I feel like a wizard with good gear and all of their clickies will just be more fun and powerful. They also get noticable benefits from actually being geared, while my mage just puts on a focus item and runs around wearing a starter robe and little else. No joke, I am literally doing this right now, my mage at 44 is wearing a Sr. Purple Apprentice Robe and still killing blues at his level.

I also am liking the fact that my wizard can zone and drop invis somewhere, and immediately be battle ready, while my mage needs a few moments to do anything. A mage caught without a pet feels like literal dog food.

And then finally, as a wizard I can look forward to playing my fantasy in a raid later and actually launch lightning bolts at that terrifying dragon, as opposed to standing in the back and pooping out mod rods.

Again I could be wrong but these are just the impressions I am getting. I admit I don't have any higher level experiences so I could be totally wrong. Please don't hurt me lols.
Quad kiting the wizards true power, you will level faster than just about any class in the game. At 19 you can quad beetles in NK without Jboots, they are slow enough to out run on foot, strafe running makes this even easier. It helps to have your Staff of Temperate flux to quad, do the Sol Ro temple quest, if you have 44 mage should be easy.
NK beetles to 23-24th
After that your gonna need Jboots.
I did SK treants till 39th after that, but will you take Qeynos and Druid ring faction hits. You dont need Jboots for Treants, plus wizards destroys treants, fire spells own them. Awesome loot an xp too, and only a 4 min spawn. Can take 1 treant till about 29th, then you can take both till 39th.
Then quad guards EK or WK till 49th.
Spirocs in TD till 51.
Raptors in TD till 60.
Last edited by NPC; 04-17-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Old 04-17-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Lol anyone trying to monopolize all the guard spawns with a quad is a total ass
Old 04-17-2021, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Burnt wood staff
Got one too.

Between the staff and SS clickies, soloing is really a lot easier. One can farm cash cows for days spending hardly any mana....
Old 04-17-2021, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ah yeah that's true, forgot about that one.

But yup it was disappointing to find out I wouldn't really even be allowed to sic a buffed pet on a boss.
Yeah your one pet will push that raid target a lot more than several dozen melee PCs you know... Way to dangerous for your raid force
Old 04-17-2021, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A melee is a pet that you can control directly.

Best group is 5 mages and 1 enchanter.

But who cares.
Nope.

Enchanter
Bard
3mage
Necro is a better spread
Old 04-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Banned

The game is not played on 99 like it was in classic raiding because meleeDPS push the p99 meta.

In classic EQ, the warrior confronted the mob. The CHLoop established stability. There was a 30 to 60 second stabilization for establishing agro. THEN assist was called and it was full burn on the raid target. There was no early rogue/monk/ranger engage. Every single fight was a burn fight after a lengthy agro period for the tank.

Raids engages were often aborted if the tank died in the agro building period, sometimes with all of the non clerics and nonMT in a room adjacent, so as to remove all risk of wipe due to an MT/CHLoop failure
Old 04-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Middle of the curve casters tend to fall behind as the server progresses (at least they did on blue).

On blue, for example, a typical lvl 50 rogue has his epic. An epic rogue does way more damage then his typical non-epic counterpart on green. But on Green the choice of rogue or wizard isn't really about melee vs caster...it is about poorly geared melee vs poorly geared caster, which the caster wins.

Casters do get more powerful as they get better gear, but geared melee are far more powerful than their less geared melee counterparts. If I play my 60 chanter or 60 necro naked on blue there isn't much I can't do...try to do the same as a 60 war and you'll be noticeably poopier.

Green would probably go the same way...if you let it sit in kunark/vanilla for another 10 years.
Closed Thread