Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Angry Goblin no negative variance

Currently the angry goblin seems to be on a 72h +0 to 7h timer where as I believe it should be 72h +/- 7h.

Quote:
He's on a 3 day +/- 10% spawn timer. So if you see him, don't touch him!

He's indifferent to all
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=8812
Old 04-21-2019, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

More evidence:

Quote:
This item/quest is becoming increasingly popular for a lot of classes. Unfortunately, the bottle neck isn't the billion goblins you have to kill to get ally faction - it's the spawn time of the Angry Goblin (3 days +/-10% or so). He seems to die moments after server reset, and I've heard of people leapfrogging others, who were clearing their way down, to get to him. This sort of quest brings out the worst in people, unfortunately, and it's going to create a lot of friction in the future as more players decide they want this ring and the spirit wracked cords.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12316
Old 04-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

There is a trend I noticed when cross referencing raid mob loots on old forums and such. Where one would expect to find less than seven day spawns there were only ever 7 or 8 day timers. Perhaps someone else noticed this pattern but who knows. Even on stuff like Hadden I don't ever recall seeing someone mention him respawning before his hours were up was always x minutes after I expected him to spawn.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, there's not much evidence and who knows if he even had any variance at all (those players often wrong on the forums). If you've ever been to the angry goblin camp, it's bad...staring at a wall for 7 hours...please if any GM/Guide is reading this, have mercy on us all and just give it no variance.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, there's not much evidence and who knows if he even had any variance at all (those players often wrong on the forums). If you've ever been to the angry goblin camp, it's bad...staring at a wall for 7 hours...please if any GM/Guide is reading this, have mercy on us all and just give it no variance.
this post is asking to make you stare at a wall for 14h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2019, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Bump. Please fix when possible. Thanks
Old 07-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2020, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<Gravity>
Old 01-09-2020, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:23 PM
Orc

Quote: