Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-11-2021, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

Default Gravity flux hitting caster no matter what

for whatever reason gravity flux seems to hit the person who casts it if they are in the AoE, even if the cast it in the middle of 4 mobs.

tested it
4 mobs + caster in range = caster hit along with 4 mobs
5 mobs + caster safely out of range = 4 mobs hit hit. none hit caster
Old 04-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Also tested 5 mobs + caster all in range with flux but targeting center of pack of mobs. 4 mobs hit, caster also hit, 5th mob unscathed despite being right next to the center of the target.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Mesmerization is the same, so I assume all the targeted 4 mob aes work like this. You'll notice if you target yourself it only hits you +3 mobs instead of 4. No idea what classic behavior was.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Mesmerization was originally a 'hang in the air (at the target)' effect. I'm not sure what the maximum targets were, was it four?

Here are some threads with people talking about it.

http://web.archive.org/web/200105300...c&f=9&t=004411

http://web.archive.org/web/200105300...9&t=004473&p=3

Not seeing anything specific about grav flux after a quick search. I'll try again later.
Last edited by Dolalin; 04-12-2021 at 08:20 AM..
Old 04-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Actually according to this in-era Enchanter guide I just found, Mesmerization's max capacity was 5 ('including yourself', which is a little vague...):

Quote:
AoE Mez
Mesmerization (16)

One of the most powerful contenders in the crowd control arsenal--if used correctly. Also extremely dangerous, much like charm--and many times an aquired taste among enchanters. This is basically a level 4 Mesmerize (24 seconds), with a 5 target capacity--including yourself. While the short duration requires a bit of casting to maintain, a well-placed AoE Mez can lock down an incoming train rushing a caster/healer... when you just can't afford the time required to single-mez mobs. If 4 mobs jump a tank--single mezzing and perhaps a bit of PB stunning will do just nicely, and be much safer. When a train adds and rushes the cleric? Well you'll get one--maybe two--of them mezzed before the healer is juice on the wall. AoE Mez cannot be overwritten by single-mez, meaning that you either stay committed to refreshing AoE Mez often (and single-mez resists as they break free)--which isn't bad as 70 mana comes back quickly as you get high enough that you need to AoE Mez with frequency, or utilize charms and roots to set up the mobs for a switchover to single-mez. You can charm an AoE mezzed mob, then renew your AoE, and of course your pet will not be affected. Learning the right time to AoE (not around higher level mobs that resist too much) is the true discipline required to master this power. This is a spell that should always be ready to cast if there is a possibility of being trained, even though it may go the whole night without seeing a single casting. Also important, is to raise you MR as high as you can, to minimize the chance of mezzing yourself if you stand too close to the target the effect will radiate from. 100+ MR leaves the chance of mezzing yourself extremely slim.

http://web.archive.org/web/200110072...ells/spell.htm
Last edited by Dolalin; 04-12-2021 at 08:50 AM..
Old 04-12-2021, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Almost every green AE should be 5 target with exception of most damaging AEs which are 4 target.

Caster is not a factor in hit count for AEs. It will hit 5 NPCs + Caster or 4 NPCS + Caster in the case of damaging non-Al'Kabor AEs.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost every green AE should be 5 target with exception of most damaging AEs which are 4 target.

Caster is not a factor in hit count for AEs. It will hit 5 NPCs + Caster or 4 NPCS + Caster in the case of damaging non-Al'Kabor AEs.
Hrmm that doesnt sound right for classic or green. On both i seem to recall using the druid 4 target AoE safely with mobs bashing me in the face as long as there were 4 total tarets closer to the target of the spell than caster.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

AE targets are selected by "newest in zone". For example if you are killing the same 4 wyverns in CS over and over as they respawn. Then you decide to grab a new pack of 4 Othmirs, and your 4 wyverns add mid-kite you snare them all up and continue AEing, your next AEs will hit 4 wyverns 100% of the time because they freshly spawned and are the newest mobs in the zone. It does not matter proximity to your target so long as they are within the area of effect.

Self should always be hit and always not factored into the count of AEs. Even rains which are limited to 4 hits, it will hit 4 NPCs but self all 3 waves in addition if you are in the area.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just for completeness, here's a screenshot I just found from the Kunark era of a 5 target grav flux. Does not include caster though.

http://cube.b.org.nz/eqshots/EQ000051.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000051.jpg (44.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-14-2021, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just for completeness, here's a screenshot I just found from the Kunark era of a 5 target grav flux. Does not include caster though.

http://cube.b.org.nz/eqshots/EQ000051.jpg
I believe that screenshot shows a 212 initial hit plus a 100 "fall damage" hit on three targets; and that p99 is missing the "fall damage" portion.