Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default Cazic Thule

We did an engage on CT and he did a double DT on pull. Not 30 seconds apart but instead back to back instantly. I am not sure on if it was just a glitch or working as intended with the random DT aspect. I know when we fight mobs in sky mobs sometimes DT us at unexpected times, didn't know if this fell in there. But DTs back to back didn't happen in classic.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 08-02-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Poor timing with DT cycle imo

Kolored on Red.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Poor timing? No mob in EQ classic chain death touched back to back. If you aggro dracoliche there is a dt, then one every so often in a cycle. Not one for the first guy then the next guy shoots and arrow and gets death touched. Idiocy. On another note the when mobs used the spell Cazic Touch (what we call the death touch) they cast it. Innoruuk begins to cast a spell. Innoruuk shouts, Playername! It was always a spell and had a cooldown or refresh timer. Yet we don't see Cazic Thule beginning to or casting a spell, I don't know if it acts as an ability here, but it was a high damage spell that got upgraded some as players got more and more hit points to ensure it would take all the hit points. Called Cazic Touch because the only mob that death touched originally was, you guessed it, Cazic! If someone aggros dracoliche and the dt cycle starts. You're saying if another person aggros, another starts? Once your dt taker takes the DT, THEN it starts. Some places it is a cycle, most mobs when you attack them directly the death touches are based off of their hate list. But back to back instantaneous death touches from Cazic Thule? No.

Aggroing dracoliche, temple or one of the golems starts a dt cycle. Aggroing CT starts a dt cycle /train. But if you aggro the temple and train, and have your raid engage CT you aren't supposed to get 5 death touches. If that is how it 'works as intended ' on p99 it isn't classic, and it isn't even working as intended. Because 2 death touches does not equal 4 or 5.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 08-02-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Maybe there was server latency and the server incorrectly refreshed the DT timer, or did not properly activate the ability, leading to a 2nd DT activating before the 1st was logged serverside? Just a thought. The planes have definitely been unstable lately, so could this be a result of a coded timer malfunction?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Possible Werlop, and I considered this. But the answer was 'working as intended for p99.' Most likely either it is something they believe is classic, or something they can't fix, or don't bother with because that is how it is here. I know there are other things not changeable due to the fact we use the titanium client. And for those of you in the know, the golems DT post revamp, CT won't. When you aggro CT pre-vamp he cazic touches and the zone rushes to him. But that doesn't mean Fright Dread Terror Temple Draco all start a DT cycle when they rush to his aid. Just because you know how it works on P99 doesn't mean that is how it should work in regards to being classic.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

What I was saying was that maybe it was possible that the DT cycle was in effect (pre CT engage) and the DT timer hit just as you engaged CT, who then proceeded to DT like he always does upon being agro'd. Hence DT x2 back to back.

But maybe not, I wasn't there.

Kolored on Red.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

Good call Phisting, that is what I considered. But the thing is, there never should be multiple DT cycles. Unless you mean 'on p1999'. I cannot recall one time on live I saw or heard of multiple death touch cycles for up to 5 being active at one time. So if someone takes the DT to kite the temple and then another kites it, aggroing CT gives you two death touches back to back how with none other occurring? I cannot believe that if I had 4 people all simultaneously aggro the temple, and 3 golems with another tagging CT there should be 5 death touch cycles going. Is that what we are saying? Once you initiate the cycle there it is, you don't have up to 6 going. But I tell you what. You give me a full fear spawn with CT/draco I'll find out for you. You can even spawn it for test purposes and not reward loot. It should be, once you get the death touch you can aggro him and his cronies as much as you want but it doesn't grant them extra death touches. Cazic touch is a spell, from only one mob in that zone. And it is on a timer.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 08-03-2011 at 05:28 AM..
Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good call Phisting, that is what I considered. But the thing is, there never should be multiple DT cycles. Unless you mean 'on p1999'. I cannot recall one time on live I saw or heard of multiple death touch cycles for up to 5 being active at one time. So if someone takes the DT to kite the temple and then another kites it, aggroing CT gives you two death touches back to back how with none other occurring? I cannot believe that if I had 4 people all simultaneously aggro the temple, and 3 golems with another tagging CT there should be 5 death touch cycles going. Is that what we are saying? Once you initiate the cycle there it is, you don't have up to 6 going. But I tell you what. You give me a full fear spawn with CT/draco I'll find out for you. You can even spawn it for test purposes and not reward loot. It should be, once you get the death touch you can aggro him and his cronies as much as you want but it doesn't grant them extra death touches. Cazic touch is a spell, from only one mob in that zone. And it is on a timer.
Shaere, it sounds more like Versus is saying that the regular DT cycle was running on a server timer that happened to reach the end just as you engaged. So the DT from initial aggro is triggered and the server looked at the cycle timer, sae 00:00, and a second DT is triggered, causing the actual DT cycle to begin. In this case, it's probably a bug caused by server latency.

The only problem is that I don't see why CT's normal spell refresh for DT would have been running prior to the engage before it had been initially aggroed, or why a double DT hasn't happened before if this is the case. This doesn't mean that it isn't, or that unreported double DT's haven't happened of course.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I understand what you are saying, but if CT does not cast DT, the cycle never started right? Or, if we take a DT, send the puller at 29 seconds or whatever, tag again, at 30 seconds you see a DT. Just because you now add new aggro in does not make him DT again instantly. What I am getting is that CT's death touch cycle is like a zone wide phenomenon unrelated to CT, he death touches on his own schedule.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Uh.......there's these things called GOLEMS
If you kill all the golems before you pull CT, he will only DT once every 30 seconds (approx)
If you leave 1 golem up, he'll DT twice every 30 seconds, etc etc.