Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha i legit lol'ed at this post

Yeah thank God my sons are 6'1" and 6'0". Being sub 6 feet is pretty lame at times
I can't believe anyone would think 5'10" is short.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this is way better than jack in the box

I'm still triggered that high IQ adults eat fast food. You guys really needed to be raised Protestant. No mistakes or "taking a day off mentality" is acceptable
It’s just much more convenient to eat like a dickhead. One of my good friends has genius level IQ and has the worst diet I’ve ever seen. He will be lucky to see 40s.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Feeling real good today. Going to make a nice post workout breakfast then go back again tonight. I rarely workout twice in a day but I want to get in as much as I can before my vaykay.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Alright so serious questions. Why are you a kombucha mushroom person? What it's supposed to do? What are you getting out of it that you've noticed besides it tasting bad?
Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright so serious questions. Why are you a kombucha mushroom person? What it's supposed to do? What are you getting out of it that you've noticed besides it tasting bad?
Fads are a thing. Just a marketing thing, latest diet trend. J

Do a diabetic's diet and work out. Your body will reach equilibrium.
Last edited by Ahldagor; 01-30-2018 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Clarification.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s just much more convenient to eat like a dickhead. One of my good friends has genius level IQ and has the worst diet I’ve ever seen. He will be lucky to see 40s.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Feeling real good today. Going to make a nice post workout breakfast then go back again tonight. I rarely workout twice in a day but I want to get in as much as I can before my vaykay.
I don't know man. Having a woman cook for me is convenient

Monogamy is a bitch but there's at least that one major perk. And I can do cardio in the morning and lift at night but I can't lift twice in a day

Oh, finally, fast food tastes like shit. There are flavors in food beyond sodium and sugar. I suggest saffron & tumeric!!!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fads are a thing. Just a marketing thing, latest diet trend. J

Do a diabetic's diet and work out. Your body will reach equilibrium.
I'm not going to turn this thread into a RnF, but this is a very ignorant post, and not helping anyone here. And by ignorant I mean uneducated / unintelligent.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

I weigh 188 lbs

Old 01-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to turn this thread into a RnF, but this is a very ignorant post, and not helping anyone here. And by ignorant I mean uneducated / unintelligent.
Please educate then. Although I'm far more leaning towards Ahldagor's opinion atm, I'm genuinely curious and admittedly ignorant on the topic. Make another thread if you think it'll go nuclear?

... You're not talking about Kombucha are you?

Isn't the idea behind a diabetic diet to make your body utilize insulin more efficiently? How is that a bad thing even for non-diabetics?
Last edited by Cecily; 01-30-2018 at 10:09 AM..
Old 01-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to sit here and sell you on the benefits of probiotics. I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told my barber a week ago. Do your own research. Which surprised him due to my profession. I told him every asshole thinks they know what they're talking about. Go find the science behind it and understand it for yourself.

You don't have to drink kombucha. You can simply pop a probiotic pill which is more than sufficient. I simply enjoy drinking one a day. There are some flavors and brands I simply don't care for.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Alright so we're narrowing it down to probiotic benefit. That's helpful. Thank you.
I'm sure you can see why at a cursory glance it looks dubious at best.

Quote:
According to a 2000 review, "It has been claimed that Kombucha teas cure asthma, cataracts, diabetes, diarrhea, gout, herpes, insomnia and rheumatism. They are purported to shrink the prostate and expand the libido, reverse grey hair, remove wrinkles, relieve haemorrhoids, lower hypertension, prevent cancer, and promote general well-being. They are believed to stimulate the immune system, and have become popular among people who are HIV positive or have full-blown AIDS".[2] People drink it for its many putative beneficial effects, but most of the benefits were merely experimental studies and there is little scientific evidence based on human studies.[1] There have not been any human trials conducted to confirm any curative claims associated with the consumption of kombucha tea.[1] There is no high-quality evidence of beneficial effects from consuming kombucha.[4]

A 2003 systematic review characterized kombucha as an "extreme example" of an unconventional remedy because of the great disparity between implausible, wide-ranging health claims lacking evidentiary support, and the potential for harm kombucha has.[4] Ernst concluded that the number of proposed, unsubstantiated, therapeutic benefits did not outweigh the known risks, and that kombucha should not be recommended for therapeutic use.[4] Kombucha only appears to benefit those who profit from them, according to a 2003 review.[4]
Last edited by Cecily; 01-30-2018 at 10:27 AM..
Closed Thread