Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

On my Shadow Knight I don't feel any difference since pre-patch, aggro's still more squirrely than it was before the present patch cycle, but still manageable.

Danth
Old 04-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexNews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
numbers seem off but the cause is noble. if you have a reproducible test to gather data i would be willing to help. i have many high end pixels to test with.
I'd love your help. The test I used for the weapons I have so far is generally described in sakuragi's warrior guide.

Gist of it is: Tester with the proc weapon melees until he gets one proc then turns off attack. The Control wields something that doesn't proc and melees the NPC until it turns to face him, then he turns off attack. Then you parse the logs, subtract the white hate of the Tester from the Control, and the difference is the hate generated by the proc, plus a margin of error for the rest of the hate of a single swing, and whatever threshhold it is for turning an NPC (which is pretty small on p99).
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love your help. The test I used for the weapons I have so far is generally described in sakuragi's warrior guide.

Gist of it is: Tester with the proc weapon melees until he gets one proc then turns off attack. The Control wields something that doesn't proc and melees the NPC until it turns to face him, then he turns off attack. Then you parse the logs, subtract the white hate of the Tester from the Control, and the difference is the hate generated by the proc, plus a margin of error for the rest of the hate of a single swing, and whatever threshhold it is for turning an NPC (which is pretty small on p99).
I'd try to do it on relatively low level things, tho, as missed swings still build aggro and could prove to be a significant confounding variable if you aren't hitting with almost every attack.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd try to do it on relatively low level things, tho, as missed swings still build aggro and could prove to be a significant confounding variable if you aren't hitting with almost every attack.
Very true. I ignore the damage done entirely and multiply the swings (hit or miss) by (DMG + Bonus) as sakuragi laid out. The bonus is 11 on one-handed mainhand weapons for all 60 warriors. The formula for the 2H bonus I've used is:

B = ((LVL-25)/2)+(DLY-31)/3

I recommend Sentry Enots in Skyshrine. He has a lot of HP to mess with, hits for negligible damage and is close to a zone line if you want to reset him for multiple weapons.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Kobold

That chart OP posted has many mistakes =/ .... after the chardok patch non-damage component of procs now scales up to a maximum of 400...

Some of my math below is probably going to be a little off because of inaccuracies in the wiki, I've noticed that when trident of the deep sea procs, at least sometimes the last 6 ticks will be for 13 instead of 20. (I'm not sure how partial resists work on some DoT effects) I should really login and test it now since my math below based on what the wiki says shows Trident to be by far the best agroe weapon primary now, ahead of even SoD... so trident may be overrated in my chart (but probably still the best) and if anything else doesn't match what is on the wiki it will be wrong too.... Anyway these numbers assume a level 60 warrior with 255dex and facing a raid boss (assume that non-damage component agroe scales based on targets HP so it will always be 400)

Primary slot agroe weapons:

Infestation ((60/1.8) * (9 + 11)) + 562 * 2 = 1790.67 hate per minute on average

Blade of Strategy ((60/2.4) * (14 + 11)) + 600 * 2 = 1825 hate per minute on average

Willsapper ((60/2) * (13 + 11)) + 400 * 2 = 1520 hate per minute on average

Sword of the Shissar ((60/2.3) * (14 + 11)) + 619 * 2 = 1890.17 hate per minute on average

Trident of the Deep Sea ((60/2.2) * (14 + 11)) + 900 * 2 = 2481.82 hate per minute on average

Scepter of Destruction ((60/1.8) * (12 + 11)) + 688 * 2 = 2142.67 hate per minute on average

Kreizenn’s Flame ((60/1.7) * (12 + 11)) + 100 *2 = 1011.76 hate per minute on average

Swift Blade of Zek ((60/1.8) * (11 + 11)) = 733.33 hate per minute absolute

Blade of Carnage ((60/2.3) * (15 + 11)) = 678.26 hate per minute absolute

Secondary Agroe Weapons

Blade of Strategy (60/2.4) * 14 + 600 = 950 hate per minute on average (not secondary usable yet!)

Blade of Tactics (60/2.4) * 14 + ?? = 350+??

Sword of the Shissar (60/2.3) * 14 + 619 = 984.22 hate per minute on average

Blade of Carnage (60/2.3) * 15 = 391.3 hate per minute absolute heh

Trident of the Deep Sea (60/2.2) * 14 + 900 = 1281.82 hate per minute on average

Scepter of Destruction (60/1.8) * 12 + 688 = 1088 hate per minute on average

Kreizen’s Flame (60/1.7)*12 + 100 = 523.53

Infestation (60/1.8) * 9 + 562 = 862 hate per minute on average
Last edited by Dillusional; 04-09-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Old 04-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Kobold

For slow, stun, poison counters just count each of those as 400 agroe. Then add the total damage a dot or dd will do to that. A warrior with 255dex will proc twice a minute on average. So multiply the proc value by 2. The agroe generated by a warrior swinging with the primary hand will be: (swings per minute) * (weapon damage + damage bonus). At level 60 the damage bonus is 11. That is how you calculate the agroe generated by a weapon per minute if you want to build your chart correctly @OP. At least that's what i did above and how I believe an accurate chart would be calculated now.
Last edited by Dillusional; 04-09-2019 at 01:07 PM..
Old 04-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Orc

@Dillusional You're not considering haste, which would improve the performance of white hate generation. Consider this formula for swings per minute, following from the wiki's haste guide:

60/((DLY/10)/(1+Haste)) = swings per minute

Haste is expressed as a decimel, so 100% haste would be 1.00 here. You can use 0.21 if you want to figure it unbuffed with, say, an FBSS, but I don't think that's the situation for most warriors, most of the time, in raids.

Into the whole formula for total hate per minute with 100% haste:

60/((DLY/10)/(1+Haste)) * (DMG + Bonus) + (Proc Hate) * 2 (rate @255 Dex) = Total Hate per minute.

As for DoTs, I'm simply adding on 10 ticks, considering continuous uptime but that's really liberal and probably not realistic.
Last edited by Cerate; 04-09-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Dillusional You're not considering haste, which would improve the performance of white hate generation. Consider this formula for swings per minute, following from the wiki's haste guide:

60/((DLY/10)/(1+Haste)) = swings per minute

Haste is expressed as a decimel, so 100% haste would be 1.00 here. You can use 0.21 if you want to figure it unbuffed with, say, an FBSS, but I don't think that's the situation for most warriors, most of the time, in raids.

Into the whole formula for total hate per minute with 100% haste:

60/((DLY/10)/(1+Haste)) * (DMG + Bonus) + (Proc Hate) * 2 (rate @255 Dex) = Total Hate per minute.

As for DoTs, I'm simply adding on 10 ticks, considering continuous uptime but that's really liberal and probably not realistic.

Sure, factoring haste into the formula is a good thing. I'm glad you were able to put together the formula out of my rambling post. I'd like to point out though, that many warriors tank with 99% haste, not 100%. The best worn haste items are 41% and most people ask enchanters for the 42minute spell Visions of Grandeur that gives 58% haste 20 attack and 25dex.....In fact, in my years of raiding as an enchanter, I've only ever had one warrior consistently ask for a different haste spell when he didn't need to use null aura.

I don't know what you meant by "adding 10 ticks." What I was doing was saying that you get all of the hate from a DoT effect up front. 1 hate per damage. Not as the ticks occur. The assumption was you get this whether there is a resist or not. The durations and damage per tick data was taken from the wiki even though I have all those dot weapons in game =/ (yeah, lazy right).

Weapons I am unsure about how to calculate: Feverblade and Wess. Do each of the non-damage components of Wess count separately (they might). I have a Feverblade but haven't tested how the dot or "heal" actually works here.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Orc

Sure, 99% haste would be more accurate.

DoTs deal aggro both up-front and on ticks. It's not very apparent for warriors because most DoT ticks we get are quite small, but it's obvious for shamans, necros and druids. NPCs turn on ticks. I've added 10 ticks of damage to represent one minute of DoT damage with the initial proc hate. As I said, if it's not continuously maintained (resists or unlucky with procs) then that's going to overestimate the value. Ticks also do less damage when the NPC is moving, so that's a factor, too. Thankfully, even the upper bound for tick hate is relatively small.

I'm also not sure about Feverblade ticks yet. When I parsed it, I had my control wait until I got the worn off message, then told him to start swinging. So the Feverblade proc plus any hidden ticks, if they generate hate or not, added up to about 550. I'm not sure what all the ticks are even supposed to add up to, from the description it sounds like it starts at 22 then the ticks go down in damage from there, like shaman epic in reverse? So that's just kind of a mess.

WESS parses for me to about 400-450, probably getting capped at 400 as per the new post-chardok cap for non-damaging procs. I don't have access to a bio orb or ragefire BP, but that might be a way to try to isolate a blind's hate for warriors, if it's less than that cap.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Unless they changed it from EQEmu, there should be no difference between 99% haste and 100% haste ever.

Haste rounds down to the nearest whole number because of integer math.
Closed Thread