Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Roll a melee. Its a good change of pace. After sitting around medding on a caster, its nice to stab things, pull, or tank without having to sit or buff people. People tend to group melee characters <50 even hybrids because they do sustained dps. Spend 50% of your twink budget (or more) on a weapon.

Bad news about melee: If you afk even 20 seconds everyone knows.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Banned

For cheap you can get two weapons for your rogue and a suit of banded, have fun, stack AGI and Dex, STR doesn't make a big difference at low lvls vs lower lvl mobs anyway and rogues get a nice bonus there.

Max out bind wound skill and fishing for something different [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go wood elf for forage and pretend to be a ranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Low lvl proccing weapons are fun as heck on a rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't even min max, just get a whip and look sexy.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stack AGI and Dex
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Low lvl proccing weapons are fun as heck on a rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Don't even min max, just get a whip and look sexy.
Rogues get a small bonus for AGI above other classes, and I think it supercedes the soft cap, like a shield. Kinda like a monkly dodge or Iksar AC bonus. It's probably not implemented on p99 and even if it was properly implemented probably not a big deal, but it's cool and fun. Not worth it from a min-max standpoint.

However, I had a 214 AGI rogue on live. I could tank pretty gud in classic lol.

Focus was on AGI and mostly not any AC on the gear actually.. Stuff like:

Serpentine Bracer
Item 521.png
MAGIC ITEM
Slot: WRIST
AC: 1
DEX: +3 AGI: +9
WT: 0.8 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL except IKS

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In fact, 1 day I'll probably farm a few K and make a twink rogue just to tool around on again for gigglez. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know wars get gooood gainz from AC, ... now I wonder how fun this would be to try out on a woodywar.
Last edited by clevergirl; 08-12-2018 at 03:06 PM..
Old 08-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Especially if you want to make your tank or cleric cry lol
Old 08-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather have a ALS gnome warrior with rusty swords who put his starting points into Cha as extra dps in a group than a wizard
Thats cool but Kushida <Auld Lang Syne> has serious gnome power, tanks Vindi, HoT, etc and wrecks face in a nice DPS race. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't speak to his Charisma, but we like him.

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Last edited by Ketu Garyx; 08-14-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Old 08-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Id suggest getting a level 50+ char before making your first alt.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats cool but Kushida <Auld Lang Syne> has serious gnome power, tanks Vindi, HoT, etc and wrecks face in a nice DPS race. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't speak to his Charisma, but we like him.
This makes me want to join ALS

Cha is good for pullers.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would I be better off with a mage or a necro?
Necro is a GREAT class, but your mileage may vary. We aren't crazy gear dependent which is great at lower levels. Heck all my gear rotted at 30 and I was able to rebuild an inventory and still level over next few levels.

What I like about playing a necro is that you are so versatile in solo, duo and groups. This, however, means that there are a lot of necros who don't really flex the class's "muscles".

Necro's have a lot more in common with an enchanter than I thought when I started my character. In my groups I find myself doing CC, DPS, or even pulling(rarely). You will spend a lot of time fear kiting until 34 when root changes the game for you. Screaming Terror is an amazing spell, and I didn't realize that until my late 40s.

One nice thing about a necro is the knowledge that you can solo for exp at any level.

Mages, I don't know all their strategies but they are straight forward. They are DPS machines in a good group. Comparatively a necro has to be much more knowledgeable about their class features to truly shine in group situations. Mages like necros are not heavily gear dependent (that's not to say extra mana and hp does not help). So I imagine they have the same ability to get to their 40s with minimal gear and no real problems.

I think mages on face value are more prized by groups. I would like to think though that a good necro really shines in a group situation because we have so many abilities that we can use when the shit hits the fan.

Good luck on your choice!
Old 08-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
This makes me want to join ALS

Cha is good for pullers.
We are always recruiting new and interesting people. Roll an alt up and hit the link in my signature.

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Closed Thread