Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Chrushev Chrushev is offline
Fire Giant

Chrushev's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi i have been using duxaui for a while now,and i'm having an odd problem..

I have a special chatbox widow just for *spells-worn off.* Only problem is the filter spell-worn off no longer goes to this window or any other window i try to put the filter to,as of now i have to guess when root etc wears off(usually when it starts running at me.)

NOTE this has happened to all my toons just checked.Spell worn-off has run-off.

Anyone have any ideas?
Does it work with any other UI? If not, then there is a good chance this is not a "classic" feature and is disabled on the server... if it does work with other UIs then make sure that you set colors for text and transparency properly..
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:20 AM
gummab gummab is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it work with any other UI? If not, then there is a good chance this is not a "classic" feature and is disabled on the server... if it does work with other UIs then make sure that you set colors for text and transparency properly..

Just tried it on velious ui aswell,does not seem to work on that either,i know its a *classic* feature been using it for months,and the color has not been change from the original yellow text.
It's kinda bugging me now,going to try moving my ui configs out of eq directory see if i can start from scratch
__________________
The views and ramblings of Gummab are in no way the views of Europa as a guild

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Chrushev Chrushev is offline
Fire Giant

Chrushev's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tried it on velious ui aswell,does not seem to work on that either,i know its a *classic* feature been using it for months,and the color has not been change from the original yellow text.
It's kinda bugging me now,going to try moving my ui configs out of eq directory see if i can start from scratch
keep in mind that your configuration could be the reason its not working. If I were you I would try on a fresh default UI, if it works there, then try installing other UIs.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Auronis Auronis is offline
Skeleton


Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ability to revert is by running the same option that installs them. You should get a menu option. However, as I said before, this will only work if you have previously used version 16 to change them. If you changed them with a previous version then you can not revert.

As far as spell icons it seems like something messed up your ui files. Have you installed any other ui's? I would suggest running option (8) and reinstalling the icons.
Thanks Chrushev, for the sound I was able to replace the snd2.pfs file with the other you posted back in this thread.

For the UI, I'm still trying to get the icons working. I deleted all my UI's and ran the installer tool option 2, selected classic icons, and had the same problem with buff bar working and the player window blank. I then ran option 8 and chose Luclin icons. The Luclin icons show in the buff bar but not in the player window either. Is there any files in the EverQuest folder (not the uifiles folder) that I may have messed up or should replace? Appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 12-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Chrushev Chrushev is offline
Fire Giant

Chrushev's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auronis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Chrushev, for the sound I was able to replace the snd2.pfs file with the other you posted back in this thread.

For the UI, I'm still trying to get the icons working. I deleted all my UI's and ran the installer tool option 2, selected classic icons, and had the same problem with buff bar working and the player window blank. I then ran option 8 and chose Luclin icons. The Luclin icons show in the buff bar but not in the player window either. Is there any files in the EverQuest folder (not the uifiles folder) that I may have messed up or should replace? Appreciate your help!
Its possible that your "default" UI is messed up somehow. All UIs rely on default UI files.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 AM
snwbrdr642 snwbrdr642 is offline
Sarnak

snwbrdr642's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 218
Default

is it possible that you could just include the classic loading/login screen files by themselves in the first post?
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Chrushev Chrushev is offline
Fire Giant

Chrushev's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdr642 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it possible that you could just include the classic loading/login screen files by themselves in the first post?
Option (3) does nothing else but allow you to change those. For all intents and purposes that is them, by themselves. Nothing else is changed/installed.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Auronis Auronis is offline
Skeleton


Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its possible that your "default" UI is messed up somehow. All UIs rely on default UI files.
Yes this is possible and my suspicion now. I tried the "default" UI from this thread http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11949 (317 files total) and still have the same issues. Do you have a working default you can upload? I'll give anything a shot here, thank you for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 12-05-2013, 07:12 PM
reborn649 reborn649 is offline
Sarnak

reborn649's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276
Default

Do any bards using Duxai notice the casting bar disappears a lot? Soon as i play a song, the cast bar will disappear probably 75% of the time. Makes it a little rough to know exactly when the song goes off. I have talked to casters using Duxai and they havent noticed it, so maybe its just a bard thing. Is there some sort of setting i can try to fix it with?

any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Wrathis Wrathis is offline
Kobold

Wrathis's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Default

Playing my bard ive noticed the same thing. I get confused and dont know if the song really goes off or if I fizzled it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.