Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

In terms of actual killing mobs, only thing I might put up with fungi is puppet strings. They can fundamentally change a few classes.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

OP, you're making it sound far more broken than it actually is.

I wear a fungi on my new druid, and my weapon is also nice (http://wiki.project1999.com/Skyfury_Scimitar) and I have 22% haste. everything else is just ac/hp/mp/wis items whatever.

so this is FAR from being only with a fungi with a Rusty Scimitar and nothing else as you mentionned. I have like one of the best droppable weapon on a druid, and haste, which makes no sense.

Well guess what, I still do barely 26 dmg every 2sec. with that scimitar+haste. I still have 0 mana regen. So at level 24 I can kill blues "forever" sure. But it takes a looong time. And they hit for 50. Fungi regens for 15 (+1 base)... do the math. Add a second mob, maybe a caster in range? maybe a fucking healer (remember i slash for 26)? mana is perma-depleted cause you have no downtime. if you sit for 6 mins to med up and you try to keep up on dps while auto-attacking you're back to oom after like 10 fights.

You're saying 1-45 is just hit AA and go back to bed x4500 and thank you very much with a fungi and a rusty scimitar, but this is not at all what it is ^^; +15hp/tick makes downtime pretty inexistant, that's the crazy bonkers part. But actually in-fight? it stops being completely flawlessly broken quite fast, and you're back to good old EQ with the slow grind, the med time, etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fungi is gamebreaking, but it's not suddenly WoW, this is fallacious.

PS: of course druid might be the worst exemple, but you're the one who said "anyone who can wear it" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] on a monk yeah sure, it's auto-attack festival for at least level 1-35. still can't take four white cons at a time.
Last edited by Nagoya; 05-06-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Old 05-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Aviak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, you're making it sound far more broken than it actually is.

I wear a fungi on my new druid, and my weapon is also nice (http://wiki.project1999.com/Skyfury_Scimitar) and I have 22% haste. everything else is just ac/hp/mp/wis items whatever.

so this is FAR from being only with a fungi with a Rusty Scimitar and nothing else as you mentionned. I have like one of the best droppable weapon on a druid, and haste, which makes no sense.

Well guess what, I still do barely 26 dmg every 2sec. with that scimitar+haste. I still have 0 mana regen. So at level 24 I can kill blues "forever" sure. But it takes a looong time. And they hit for 50. Fungi regens for 15 (+1 base)... do the math. Add a second mob, maybe a caster in range? maybe a fucking healer (remember i slash for 26)? mana is perma-depleted cause you have no downtime. if you sit for 6 mins to med up and you try to keep up on dps while auto-attacking you're back to oom after like 10 fights.

You're saying 1-45 is just hit AA and go back to bed x4500 and thank you very much with a fungi and a rusty scimitar, but this is not at all what it is ^^; +15hp/tick makes downtime pretty inexistant, that's the crazy bonkers part. But actually in-fight? it stops being completely flawlessly broken quite fast, and you're back to good old EQ with the slow grind, the med time, etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fungi is gamebreaking, but it's not suddenly WoW, this is fallacious.

PS: of course druid might be the worst exemple, but you're the one who said "anyone who can wear it" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] on a monk yeah sure, it's auto-attack festival for at least level 1-35. still can't take four white cons at a time.
Its all relative. Take the fungi off and try to play the same way.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Lumi staff for Druid but only for 4 levels.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

JBB

Ranger PoSky cloak
Old 05-07-2018, 04:11 AM
Kobold

Blood Ember legs with 3 sec cast time FD. Being able to cast fd without any recast time or mana cost really made being a SK easy, especially with prenerf CoS and EB item
Old 05-07-2018, 04:24 AM
Banned

Always thought J-boots were pretty OP. Grants the ability to run away and actually survive for a lot of classes who otherwise couldn't.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and No

The problem with Divine Intervention is that it's a chance (affected by CHA). It's not a guarantee. WC cap is a guarantee that if used before your number hits zero you don't die. Items that complete heal don't fall in this category because they just delay inevitable death. FD also can put the user in a spot where they are just delaying inevitable death.

You could click wc cap with 1 hp, surrounded by every raid boss in the game and live to tell the tale.
---
And with the number of druids on p99, You could get back to where you were in 5-10 mins. especially as a rogue or monk.

but most people think a rez+sickness is faster.. heh
???

Cleric epic cheats death 100% (96%) of the time and has unlimited charges.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBB

Ranger PoSky cloak
Sky cloak? Um, no. That's nice, but doesn't make any real difference over playing hasted. even from a bard.

To the druid complaining that a fungi didn't turn him into a killing machine - yep, as a druid you will always suck at melee. But you can melee down blues now, try that without the fungi as was mentioned above.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sky cloak? Um, no. That's nice, but doesn't make any real difference over playing hasted. even from a bard.

To the druid complaining that a fungi didn't turn him into a killing machine - yep, as a druid you will always suck at melee. But you can melee down blues now, try that without the fungi as was mentioned above.
the trick is to catch med ticks between swings while mob is fleeing with snare. Should grant enough mana for snare and ds.
Closed Thread