Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

If you log out with more exp than when you logged in...you dun good
Old 08-07-2018, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

No trolling in server chat please promptly ban the offender thanks
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by footlongcorndog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is a good group XP rate on this server? My highest level toon is in the late 30s and when I solo I get about 30% even up to 40% an hour. But when I group, the best I can get is about 20% per hour. I also die way more in groups then solo, so that rate drops even lower.

I like grouping a lot more than playing solo, but I like progress more than anything. Is 20% per hour a good rate? Or have I just had a lot of bad luck when I group?
A bubble an hour in the late 30's isn't setting records, but it's not an unreasonably slow group experience rate, either. What class are you? Some classes do commonly make faster experience solo than grouped. That's part of why something like Necromancers--one of the most popular classes on P1999--aren't especially common in pick-up groups.

Danth
Old 08-07-2018, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Social loafing is a thing. But I think there is more to it than that.

What roll do you play? What is your equipment? Where do you solo? Where do you group?

To really know what's happening we need to know that.

The number 1 thing I find in groups is the puller spends too long in camp fighting instead of running off to pull the next group of mobs. The group needs to be kept on its toes.

Don't be scared of disciplining and kicking repeat offenders that don't pay enough attention.

Also Spyder isn't completely full of shit; grouping is harder than soloing as it requires broader class knowledge, communication and teamwork.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

The only good group I ever had was in FV, we had 2 Druids pulling with non stop mobs in the camp at all times. This is because 99.9% of the time the camps in this game don’t provide enough mobs to make big groups worthwhile. It’s actually a shame more full groups don’t form in dense zones with completely uncontested mobs(Kerra Isle, Cazic Thule, Nurga/Droga, Dalnir, etc.)

But generally speaking If you want to get great xp while still being social, don’t do anything more than a duo or trio. And then you get to laugh if you end up in an overcrowded zone when you get rude gestures from people who are butthurt because you didn’t invite them in your trio
Last edited by Crede; 08-07-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JimJam nailed it. Pulling is by far the most engaging and tiresome job on p99. Almost every class has tools to do it for most low level camps. Share the burden and offer to pull every now and then.
QFT. Often, i find myself soloing on my ranger just because I'm not up for the hectic pressure of pulling. As others have stated, smaller groups are the best solution to your problem. That, and remember it's about the journey. Level 60 isn't much fun unless you enjoy the raid scene here.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it can lead to disaster especially on P1999 where mob pathing can be “questionably” implemented.
Lol. .. did you even play during 1999 - 2001? P99 pathing is insanely superior. Live had mobs that would run away from you, get stuck, run back and forth, or just plain disappear.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Aviak

I started EQ about 1 month after it originally launched- first character was a rogue Barbarian who lost his body several times in the white maze of Everfrost to teleporting polar cubs and warping ice goblins (unstable servers and dial up connection). I also remember my 2nd character a wood elf bard that I stereotypically walked off the edge of Kelethin within 1 minute of entering the world.

Yeah pathing sucked in the original game and every expansion brought its own special bugs but P1999 has had its up and downs with the same issues for better and worse. Can’t argue with the increased stability that modern internet infrastructure and broadband connections has brought us.
Last edited by rajax; 08-08-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Old 08-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Factors are going to play into this as well. Are you guys living off the land? Do you have 10k worth of gear? More or less? What classes are in this group? Are mobs constantly being pulled in or are you spending alot of time looking for pulls?

If you all are wearing banded, fine steel weapons, and are comprised of 2 bards, 1 druid, 1 cleric, 1 Shaman and a Tank. This can affect your experience. We just don't know.

Here's my example of a group last night.

Me: 30 Monk (Hell Level) Ada club/SoS/Fungi etc.
29 Druid, zero gear.
29 Mage, Zero gear.
29 Rogue, 1k worth of gear.

I was getting about 40% exp in a hell level per hour in Sol A. Mind you, I was hunting for pulls quite a bit as the zone was packed and there was 2 60's PLing another toon.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that is probably way too much corn, dog.
Ftfy