Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Plane of Sky upgrades

Can't seem to find a definitive answer for this, and the wiki isn't 100% clear:

For the upgrades to Plane of Sky quest items (I'm referring to the Shaman Test of Shrink, but this should apply to any) -- to get the upgrade, do you simply hand in the first iteration of the item to the same quest NPC after completing the initial quest?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

NOOB ANSWER: The turn-ins automatically come upgraded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Yup. They're merely items that have been upgraded server side. You will only and always get the current version of the item, with no way to get the other. The wiki does a poor job of explaining that, and isn't always accurate at telling you which item you'll actually get on the "Reward: _______" section. Sometimes it says the reward is X, and the upgrade (the item you actually get) is Y. Sometimes it says the reward is Y, upgraded from X.

Gotta do some work there, anyone reading, fix and clarify those pages if you know which is which.
Last edited by Bummey; 08-11-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I recently revamped the wiki page for Plane of Sky to fix this confusion ... but evidently I didn't succeed. Were you confused by the pre-revamp page, or did I miss a section, or was it somewhere else in the wiki?

Just so I know where to fix. Thanks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-11-2018 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently revamped the wiki page for Plane of Sky to fix this confusion ... but evidently I didn't succeed. Were you confused by the pre-revamp page, or did I miss a section, or was it somewhere else in the wiki?

Just so I know where to fix. Thanks.
Reward: Spiroc Warhammer (upgrades to Warhammer of the Wind)

Reads as if there's an extra step you have to take or other process to upgrade it. If you simply receive the Warhammer of the Wind, then there's no need to mention the Spiroc Warhammer.

Edit: I would just add a table appendix of the before/after conversions for reference at the end of each page if it's important.
Last edited by Faiding; 08-11-2018 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: suggestion
Old 08-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reward: Spiroc Warhammer (upgrades to Warhammer of the Wind)

Reads as if there's an extra step you have to take or other process to upgrade it. If you simply receive the Warhammer of the Wind, then there's no need to mention the Spiroc Warhammer.
Ah, you're talking about the individual quest pages (eg. http://wiki.project1999.com/index.ph...ne_of_Sky_Test). I'll clean those up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: I would just add a table appendix of the before/after conversions for reference at the end of each page if it's important.
There's no need. The old items can never be acquired again on Blue, ever, and 99.9% of the existing old ones have been turned in for the new version. Someday (probably years from now) Green will launch, and then the old stuff will be relevant, but when that happens we'll have lots of wiki work to do anyway (Plane of Sky is far from the only zone to get revamped at some point), and I did save the old items on a separate page for just such an eventuality.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-11-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Old 08-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Aviak

Garfo, did you play Daoc in Albion?
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Yes!! Garfo in Daoc was a guildie and I "borrowed" his name for my druid in EQ back in the day!!! My daoc char's name was Relic, and yes we were albion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I remember we played on the Roleplay server, and our guild basically got shut down.
Last edited by garfo; 08-15-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

The rogue rewards are wrong now. Probably other classes too. I'll fix them when I get around to it, or just revert the page.
Last edited by Bummey; 08-15-2018 at 11:54 PM..
Old 08-16-2018, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

Loramin, what a champ.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Closed Thread