Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Can i avoid patching eq every time i log in?

I am playing with my 3G conection from my smartphone and EVERYtime i use the launcher to log it patches the speells_us.txt thing that takes a load of time. Is there anything i can do to avoid this?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeska [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am playing with my 3G conection from my smartphone and EVERYtime i use the launcher to log it patches the speells_us.txt thing that takes a load of time. Is there anything i can do to avoid this?
SAme here and no but it doesnt take long with mine just leave eq emu up when you can it patches faster that way
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolondar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SAme here and no but it doesnt take long with mine just leave eq emu up when you can it patches faster that way
Ive found this i hope it helps.

Step 4 - EQHost File
In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Seeds of Destruction/Underfoot:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parentheses), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme
Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeska [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive found this i hope it helps.

Step 4 - EQHost File
In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Seeds of Destruction/Underfoot:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parentheses), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme
This person has the answer, this is the old way we used to do it before we got a patcher =). Also had to manually add patches!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

asking me to see owner of the file or administrator to edit eqhost. all other steps completed though. how do i get it to save?
Old 08-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwinged_angel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
asking me to see owner of the file or administrator to edit eqhost. all other steps completed though. how do i get it to save?
Move your EQ directory out of the default install location, maybe to somewhere like c:\everquest, make the changes to the host file, patch with the latest v45 files, and edit your shortcuts to point to the new location.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard