Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-12-2022, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Scalem what do you think has changed since Red and Green launch that would make the launch of Red 2 or Green 2 such a long shot?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Its about to be driven into the ground even harder when Smash and friends from ST wake the Sleeper
Old 04-13-2022, 08:23 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2022, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's disappointing.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Blistig's comment there isn't really proof of anything. Of course the Dev's are going to keep any info on Green 2.0 close to the chest as long as possible. They want people to play Green. If they announced a new server 2-3 years in advance, people would probably stop rolling new characters on Green sooner than if they didn't announce it. That would obviously be bad for the Green community. The Dev's gain nothing from releasing Green 2.0 news, and potentially harm Green if they do.

The idea for Green was to cycle it every time the old one ends, so I doubt that plan has changed. It is my understanding that was the entire goal of P99, to have a classic server that resets every X years.

The main reason why I am skeptical of Red 2.0 is because Red has been dead for many years. People vote with their feet, and I just don't see a lot of community hype for Red 2.0. So the Dev's are going to be less willing to reset Red to please the 50 who are willing to play on a dead server anyway.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even longer if they run red 2 first which seems likely.

If you are a non pvp guy enjoy one of the two currently 500 plus pop servers and be happy
“Which seems likely”

lol based on what? Where has the staff ever said anything that indicates they will most likely focus on a pvp server over the next roll out of green?
Old 04-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Large Bat

Sleeper always get woke and always will be. Now its up to you to take your lessons from this and be on the warder loot train next time around. Everyone knew this was going to happen. I stopped raiding months back and it was known then.

No matter how it goes down Seal Team will be always known and the rest will come and go with barely a whisper.

It could of been worse. Never wake it and because of that no merger could happen and no reason to start a new server. Why have two... er three dead servers with one populated. This gives time now for the economies to get more inline with each other and make for smoother transition.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:07 PM
Aviak

I'd argue that if the Red Server was reset right now, it would see higher concurrent numbers then Red 1.0 ever did. The content end with the p99 timeline also ends engagement from many who were playing religiously throughout the progression just for the simple fact that repeating the same content kills the magic that was the classic era.

I have still yet to understand how anyone unemployed or otherwise can truly enjoy playing a server with literally nothing new to experience after literally years locked in era.

I enjoyed Green. Never played Blue. In the last few months I've lost the desire to play on Green just for the simple fact I have less time to play and enjoy competing in the meta that is P99 endgame.

The only thing, in my mind, that would awaken(RiP ST 1.0 I hear) my desire to put time in to p99 again would be a fresh server.

I'm sure some would be sad to lose their characters on Red 1.0, but I'd be willing to bet that even a reset of Red that started in Endgame era would quickly find itself more populated then 1.0 ever was with a duality of people reveling in the fresh start and also those grinding to regain or attain their infamous PvP status on a fresh slate.

New Red! I'd play!
Last edited by Elijah850; 04-13-2022 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-13-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue that if the Red Server was reset right now, it would see higher concurrent numbers then Red 1.0 ever did. The content end with the p99 timeline also ends engagement from many who were playing religiously throughout the progression just for the simple fact that repeating the same content kills the magic that was the classic era.

I have still yet to understand how anyone unemployed or otherwise can truly enjoy playing a server with literally nothing new to experience after literally years locked in era.

I enjoyed Green. Never played Blue. In the last few months I've lost the desire to play on Green just for the simple fact I have less time to play and enjoy competing in the meta that is P99 endgame.

The only thing, in my mind, that would awaken(RiP ST 1.0 I hear) my desire to put time in to p99 again would be a fresh server.

I'm sure some would be sad to lose their characters on Red 1.0, but I'd be willing to bet that even a reset of Red that started in Endgame era would quickly find itself more populated then 1.0 ever was with a duality of people reveling in the fresh start and also those grinding to regain or attain their infamous PvP status on a fresh slate.

New Red! I'd play!
I don't think anyone is saying people wouldn't try out a Red 2.0. Any new server on P99 will get quite a bit of attention. The question is will it retain players? Unless they drastically change how Red works, I doubt people will stick to Red 2.0 for long, which will just make it another dead server.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

No one wants a red 2.0 but people would probably be willing to try either VZ or SZ team PvP servers.