Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 08:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

With the release of The Al'Kabor Project's completed code and move to open source, I'd like to do what I had originally envisioned for EQMac years ago - a one box, PoP progression server which would eventually stop there.

As the EQMac (Al'Kabor) server is now preserved for its fans for all time, it's time to actually continue that dream.

Main Ruleset
  • Time-Locked Progression Server:
    • 6 Months of Classic
    • 6 Months of Kunark
    • 6 Months of Velious
    • 6 Months of Luclin
    • Planes of Power is the final expansion
  • One-Box Policy, enforced by IP & manual CSR intervention.
  • 2002-era combat formulas, accurate to Planes of Power.
  • Listed both on a private loginserver and The Al'Kabor Project's public loginserver.
  • MGBs at level 1, and other 'TAKP-like' features are enabled selectively.
  • Selective Clientside Quality of Life - Mouse Wheel Camera, Buff Timers, Auto-Stand on Cast. Additional QOL may be added in the future.
  • P99 style camp, KS'ing, and training rules.
  • Raid rules TBD - may try rotating some ideas!
  • The 20% Experience Bonus present on TAKProject is enabled here.
  • We are using the same group experience rules as June 2003 EverQuest, with one exception - a 6th will not reduce your experience gain
  • The Planes of Power Monk AC nerf is not present here.
  • Plane of Knowledge can be ported into during any era, but Knowledge books are not present in any town. The Plane of Knowledge scrolls will be added to one of the level appropriate druid and wizard portal merchants that normally sell planar ports for Wizards.

Optional Rulesets

These three rulesets may be toggled on independently or all at once at Level 1 at any Priest of Discord.

The process of doing so resets your character and all of its data to as if it had just spawned in the game world, and prevents future ruleset toggling.

Self Found

This is a gametype that restricts interactions with standard ruleset players. This is more akin to a "Group Self Found / Group Ironman" ruleset if enabled by itself. The following restrictions are imposed:
  • You cannot group or raid with players who are not also playing the Self Found ruleset.
  • You cannot be buffed or healed by other players whom are outside of your experience credit range.
  • You cannot trade with other players whom are outside of your experience credit range.
  • You cannot purchase items from merchants that aren't already on the merchant.
  • You cannot loot items that were handed to an NPC by a player off of the NPC's corpse.
  • You cannot sell or buy items in The Bazaar.
  • You cannot pick up dropped items on the ground that are dropped by other players. Standard ground spawns do not apply to this rule.
  • You cannot loot items from 'opened' corpses. You must receive initial experience credit per the ruleset to loot the item(s) you wish to loot.
  • You cannot loot items from corpses of mobs you weren't in group or raid experience credit range of.
  • You must engage a creature at 100% HP to receive experience or loot for yourself, your group or your raid, and deal at least 50% of the mob's health in damage to receive experience. NOTE: Normal damage rules additionally apply to the target for experience credit. The NPC regenerating to 100% HP will reset this flag.

Solo Only

This is a gametype that restricts interactions with all other players, including other ruleset players. The restrictions here override the restrictions in Self Found if they would conflict. This is akin to a "Solo Self Found / Ironman" ruleset found in other games. The following restrictions are imposed:
  • You cannot group or raid with other players.
  • You cannot be buffed or healed by other players.
  • You cannot trade with other players.
  • You cannot purchase items from merchants that aren't already on the merchant.
  • You cannot loot items that were handed to an NPC by a player off of the NPC's corpse.
  • You cannot sell or buy items from The Bazaar.
  • You cannot pick up dropped items on the ground that are dropped by other players. Standard ground spawns do not apply to this rule.
  • You must engage a creature at 100% HP to receive experience or loot for yourself and deal at least 50% of the mob's health in damage to receive experience. Normal damage rules additionally apply to the target for experience credit. The NPC regenerating to 100% HP will reset this flag.
  • You cannot loot items from 'opened' corpses. You must receive initial credit per the ruleset to loot the item(s) you wish to loot.

Hardcore

This is a gametype that will result in permanent deletion of your character upon your first death above the item loss level. This is also known as a "Permadeath" ruleset found in other games. There are no restrictions like the rulesets above have, but this may be toggled on in addition to the above two rulesets. NOTE: Characters who have hit a milestone under the hardcore ruleset that die will be broadcast to the entire server. Their corpse will remain in the game world after they die for the normal amount per their level. There will be no character recovery after a death, except in the case of server failure, where we will systematically restore the character(s) affected.

We plan on hosting a testing period and will be wiping the server on release.

Come join us on Discord! Website coming soon.

https://discord.gg/3nDQ9AkUz8

Some in-dev videos:

Hope to see you on PQ!

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-01-2023, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

It's really neat that you've coded in the different "modes" via the PoD. Interesting era choice, lots of neat things happening. Can't wait to see additional details!

-Mcoy
Old 08-01-2023, 09:00 PM
Aviak

While im not interested in the other modes of gameplay, im fucking hyped for a PoP era server with the scroll wheel option! lol Count me in
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 08-01-2023, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Other modes of game play don't interest me much either, but i can see it adding some spice to the experience after another 20 years.

Looking forward to this server. 6 months per expansion sounds glorious!! Ppl rush this game too much in 2023 so I'm stoked for 2 years of a ride before final xpac.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-01-2023, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't wait Secrets!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:10 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds amazing! Are you married to PoP as the end of life or would you consider Gates and/or Omens if the server voted for it?

I love PoP era but Omens era is almost as awesome imo.
There's Wayfarer's Haven if you want Gates and Omens.
I actually have no desire to go beyond PoP - plus the TAKP client doesn't support LDON or LoY.

In theory, we could add both LDON, LoY and GoD to the client via dll injection. But I'm honestly not enthused about GoD, plus Planes is sort of 'pushing it' already in terms of what I'm comfortable with.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-02-2023, 12:29 AM
Banned

Is this server launch or a beta test?

I really hope I can play now!
Old 08-02-2023, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this server launch or a beta test?

I really hope I can play now!
Currently in open beta, wipe after beta.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Repped

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-02-2023, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Eyyyyy! PoP locked no boxing server is pretty much my Everquest dream!

Are we talking months, or years before launch?