Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletonya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best thing would be to maintain things and just repair as you go appoach

You might lose people with a reset, and I suspect more people will be joining as this goes along.

Dont kill the momentum while its building. I know ive told people bout it myself who I used to play with. Word of mouth is very effective.
Plus, you can start up a new character or reroll down the road if you like.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just stopped logging in
lol same.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, fix as you go. Just keep posting updates on all bug fixes. That's enough to show people that the people running the server care. Starting over has no real benefit if you can fix things without it.

And that's coming from somebody who is only lvl 8 because I started a month late. I would love to be able to catch up... but not at the cost of the server population.

Make sure you fix class bugs first as the most likely thing to cause people to quit is if their character simply can't do what it's supposed to.

Let's not forget the massive patch notes EQ used to have, it wasn't ever perfect, but it was constantly being worked on.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

What issues exactly are there that would break this server? Did someone dupe a billion plat? I don't really see the reason to call for a wipe.

OTOH, on every single emu server, there are people are crying for a wipe. Always.
Closed Thread