Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default eqgame.exe missing

Hi All,

I was playing earlier and then closed out EQ (after it crashed again). Went and did a few things and when I came back my shortcut was gone from desktop as well as eqgame.exe from the EQ folder. Does anyone know where I can download just the eqgame.exe which is compatible for P99? Thanks and sorry if I missed a link with that information already.

X
Old 06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Same thing just happened to me. Had a temporary item in my inventory when I logged in (summond wisp stone) and when I clicked it, the client crashed immediately to the login screen. Able to log in right away, ran to tunnel, and logged out. Went to start later and the entire eqgame.exe is just gone.
NOW IT GETS WEIRD. I just did an uninstall reinstall and when the game got to disc 4 it stops and gives a file error: The following error occurred on the file 'C:\program files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

How can it not find the file installing from the disc? What the heck is going on here? Prayed to the Google, no response.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

In both your cases, would attempt another reinstall. This may sound stuipd, but double check your recycle bin before doing so just in case =P

If you are running Windows Vista/7/8 it is highly recommended you install Everquest somewhere other than your C:\Program Files\ folder, as installing the game here can cause problems if you have UAC (User Account Control, on by default in the listed operating systems) turned on. I always install mine into C:\Everquest, but that is just me.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Hail the wise and wonderful Derubael, voice of the Devs on high! May RNGeesus be with you always. Unless this doesn't work.
Edit: It didn't work.
Last edited by DetroitVelvetSmooth; 06-01-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing just happened to me. Had a temporary item in my inventory when I logged in (summond wisp stone) and when I clicked it, the client crashed immediately to the login screen. Able to log in right away, ran to tunnel, and logged out. Went to start later and the entire eqgame.exe is just gone.
NOW IT GETS WEIRD. I just did an uninstall reinstall and when the game got to disc 4 it stops and gives a file error: The following error occurred on the file 'C:\program files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

How can it not find the file installing from the disc? What the heck is going on here? Prayed to the Google, no response.

Almost exactly what happened to me however EQ didn't crash. I logged out last night, went to log on for a few this morning and I got some weird error about the shortcut being linked to a drive that isn't connected or something. Then when I tried to remake my shortcut i realized that the eqgame.exe file was completely gone. My weirdness occured when I tried to copy the eqgame file from my laptop via a usb thumb drive. I copied it over to the EverQuest directory (note Copied didn't Move) and the file disappeared from the EQ directory again...AND from the thumb drive. The second time I tried this, it didn't disappear from either location but when I try to run it I get an error telling me that i'm missing the file xul.dll

This makes me so sad. I'm going to try Derubael's suggestion of installing it into the main C: directory instead of Program Files and see if that works. Still rather strange since it has been installed in C:\Program Files\... since last year and I've never had any trouble with it.

UPDATE: Tried reinstalling directly to C:\ and got the following error message -
File Error
The following error occured on the file 'C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'.
The system cannot find the file specified.
(0x2)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Last edited by holeHeartless; 06-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: No Luck
Old 06-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Aviak

Was playing this morning. Logged out for about an hour. Double clicked icon on my desktop and it "poofed". Wtf...hunted for the launcher icon and couldnt find it. Tried making a new shortcut, "eqgame.exe" missing. Haxxors

So...i uninstalled and then attempted reinstall...during the 4th disc i get the error "cant find eqgame.exe"..../click ignore and tried anyways...no dice. =(

We need our top men on this!

Thanks
Mrtwig
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

EQgame.exe was removed from my folder as I opened P99 today by my anti-virus software. Read the file as a win 32 evo gen trojan. Rarely have had this problem with P99 before. I restored the file and turned off the anti-virus to open EQ and it worked fine. Maybe this helps?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Im guessing avast?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im guessing avast?
Yup
Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Aviak

I'll shut mind down this time and see what happens.

Mrtwig