Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what's next? Anybody can attempt a pull and if it fails /q & fast log another character. Repeat until you get your single pull of whatever you're after? How dare you say it's not an exploit? Because few people knew about it (must have not been widespread, because many old players discovered this thing today with the fraps) it's suddenly ok... Who are you all kidding here, beside yourself? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do not put words in my mouth. I have only participated in this thread a limited matter, and I specifically noted that I did not condemn or condone any actions.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

I've made an attempt to clear confusion in regards to what is happening here, since people do not understand common English, and rather than accepting that what someone did is "wrong", and is defined as "exploiting" they instead argue semantics, use weasel words, and completely re-label things as "creative"

This is a definition of an English word. It pretty clearly applies to this situation.

Feel free to argue about whatever else you wish.. but one thing is a fact.. it is "exploiting".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dumbasses.JPG (62.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do not put words in my mouth. I have only participated in this thread a limited matter, and I specifically noted that I did not condemn or condone any actions.
The fact that even with the evidences provided you cannot condone your guild mate on this blatant case of cheating just shows how biaised your opinion is.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. To clarify, I'm asking about every other situation. Say, trak pops while you are doing something else, would /q'ing to transfer in seconds be culpable? Its a related inquiry.
you are not this dumb, stop playing the schmuck.

You do not need someone to hold your hand and walk you through ever possible iteration of what could possible be an exploit.

Ignorance is not a valid defense in this case.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've made an attempt to clear confusion in regards to what is happening here, since people do not understand common English, and rather than accepting that what someone did is "wrong", and is defined as "exploiting" they instead argue semantics, use weasel words, and completely re-label things as "creative"

This is a definition of an English word. It pretty clearly applies to this situation.

Feel free to argue about whatever else you wish.. but one thing is a fact.. it is "exploiting".
I like you, Shades. You clearly respect the rules/ honest playing and also have respect for UM Ann Arbor. An upstanding poster, this one!
Banned

That dictionary I sourced is retarded btw. Any serious scholar would most likely use Oxford, or M-W, but I assure you both contain very similar definitions to the one above. I'm an Oxford man myself.

Feel free to look the definition up there at your own leisure.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I died 4 times in VP today. How many people did I kill?

The only death directly caused by you guys was early on when someone was keeping a huge train at the zone-in (cold wurm broke FD with train on me). Otherwise it was two fail FDs and the time I tried to train racnars on your engage and I don't know what the fuck happened (I FDed but didn't get a fail message and still died - maybe Xygoz broke my FD but I don't think he was close enough yet).

Let's hear an honest estimate of how many deaths can be directly attributed to me! It's at least 25.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your guildie was caught cheating. It's on fraps. Why are you even defending him bitch lol
I'm not defending him, just trying to clarify that it's not rocket science how it's being done. It's also been over a year since I've raided with TMO. I just find it amusing that everyone is all for creative EQ playing unless someone outsmarts them, then it's tagged as a cheat.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not defending him, just trying to clarify that it's not rocket science how it's being done. It's also been over a year since I've raided with TMO. I just find it amusing that everyone is all for creative EQ playing unless someone outsmarts them, then it's tagged as a cheat.
What the fuck are you smoking?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're assuming. Just because it's being used "creatively" now doesn't mean it was gained unscrupulously.
1 person/1 client. IP exemptions are not for people to have the ease of switching between their alts quickly, its to allow for multiple people who share a connection to all play. Anything less than that is gaining an exemption through unscrupulous means. Again, Im not arguing about its use, just the way it was obtained. Holy fuck you dont read well. Stop straw-manning my shit and just accept the statement for what it is.