Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i camped over 70 hours on a list that turned out to be a mistake i'd feel like quitting too, don't blame you at all...

i'm sad to see you go man, you're an awesome dude and didn't deserve to get screwed over by an oversight like that. i grouped with you on my shaman down in the bear pits and had a great time with ya
He's probably just overeacting

they always come back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2020, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Shut the project down, we lost Woodark. Good try I guess, but in the end clearly it failed.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Someone who spends days completing AFK checks doesn't just leave.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannobeers3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pay a street worker at the corner of 82nd and NE Burnside
Lol. I'm from Portland, so I know exactly the place you're talking about. That area is gross, and a street worker from there would be grosser still.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:03 AM
Aviak

The reply's on this thread are gross. What is wrong with you people.

Woodark, the people who run this server set up the lists and knew exactly how they are being played. It's sad how jaded the staff have become to reply to their mistake the way they did. Probably because of the sad people who have responded to this thread and the pathetic shit they do in the game.
Last edited by Littlefinger; 12-19-2020 at 02:09 AM..
Old 12-19-2020, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Woodark, the people who run this server set up the lists and knew exactly how they are being played. It's sad how jaded the staff have become to reply to their mistake the way they did. Probably because of the sad people who have responded to this thread and the pathetic shit they do in the game.
Probably time for you and OP to stand up, get a breath of fresh air, and take a break from the game. A bit too immersed. The staff didn't intend you to sit there for 80 hours. They assumed people were adults on this server and could balance their real lives with their pixel lust.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This isn't a paid service. Just because staff messed up, doesn't mean anyone is entitled to any form of compensation. Quitting for that reason is eyeroll inducing.

What exactly is jaded about the staff response?

Quote:
"I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff, but we will not be handing out lockets to players that were on the list."
This seems perfectly reasonable. They aren't going to summon up free legacy items worth big money just because they forgot to disable the list function for 2 days or whatever.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

mad
Old 12-19-2020, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As many of you know, the Locket of Escape was removed from the game on Tuesday (12/8). The devs forgot to remove the list feature and folks that were on the list (myself included) continued to complete AFK checks for a couple days until being notified that the Locket was removed.

Thank you for the adventures! Good bye Norrath! I will sincerely miss you.
this is the EQ equivalent of shorting a stock because you thought you had some inside information and when it doesn't work out putting a gun in your mouth.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:23 AM
Orc

Wish these forum trolls would $#&! off back to Rants and Flames where they are equally not wanted.

Sorry to see you go. I can imagine your upset at all that wasted time.
Closed Thread