Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: If a new p99 server opened with forced raid target rotations would you switch?
Yes 71 32.27%
Yes, only if I could transfer my toons 67 30.45%
No 82 37.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default If a new p99 server opened with forced raid target rotations would you switch?

I voted yes, because while I understand that many people like the idea of competition and waking up at 3am is fun for them I would like to see a place where casuals and people with familes, jobs etc could schedule time to do content that they would not normally have access to.

I honestly could care less if Velious opened because there is so much content left in Kunark that I cannot see because I am not a member of the top guild and cannot commit that much time to this game.

I hope this can stay clean and out of RnF but that probably isn't very likely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Last edited by Asher; 06-27-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted yes, because while I understand that many people like the idea of competition and waking up at 3am is fun for them I would like to see a place where casuals and people with familes, jobs etc could schedule time to do content that they would not normally have access to.
There is a whole genre of games who cater exclusively to this kind of player. ~.~ Why lobby to turn a classic EQ EMU server into that kind of game as well?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Kobold

probably because its already different from classic by being what it is and always will be.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

no
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Banned

I'd play just because new servers are fun and exciting, but forced rotations are pretty retarded.

If the rules were properly enforced on the already existing server(s), consistently, there would be no need for a second server with a rotation.

(Also, variance needs to be removed for this argument to be more accurate)
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play just because new servers are fun and exciting
Same.

No amount of characters and wealth amassed on this p99 could, imo, be as fun as a new server would be.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Yes, some of the exploiters have gotten away with bloody murder before they were caught, obviously giving their spoils to other accounts or people beforehand. A reboot would be a fresh start and maybe some of the nasty people would just move on finally. EQ might be dated but it's still the funnest game I've ever played since it's creation. It continues to bring me back. The classic server, it's mods and developers continue to bring me back. I think server mechanics should be pointed towards the average player, the majority not the TMOer who lives here, the few no-lifers. You all see how they defend themselves. Vicious. More people would log in if they knew their guild had a chance at raid content. The reasoning TMO constantly provides is what is keeping people with 60 level characters from logging in. I understand their arguement, that they spend more time, expend more effort, they deserve their raid targets but it's not healthy for themselves or the server population. A rotation would get people to log in due to opportunity. More guilds would see their numbers swell. But it's a different mentality to consider about how raids are done and guilds would still need to be diligent and ready when their pop window is up. I know people will be chomping at the bit, watching to see a guild whose turn it is to miss their window. INSTEAD of attempting to inform them their window clock is running. This kind of selfless act can only work for such guilds who help each other out. Promoting a positive attitude amongst the raiders.

a reboot would not, however really stop them from locking down content though like Lockets of Escape camp, NoS camp, VP key camps etc. I do not much care for allowing a person in line to call up a guild member to get in line behind them in front of someone else who is already there waiting. I feel that a guild member needs to be there, in zone, in proximaty of the camp in question before others arrive to be allowed in line.

I would love to see the server promote and reward a more cooperative mindset.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a reboot would not, however really stop them from locking down content though like Lockets of Escape camp, NoS camp, VP key camps etc. I do not much care for allowing a person in line to call up a guild member to get in line behind them in front of someone else who is already there waiting. I feel that a guild member needs to be there, in zone, in proximaty of the camp in question before others arrive to be allowed in line.
Wtf is this line stuff you're talking about?

You sure you're playing on the same server as the rest of us?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Kobold

These "if a new p99 opened because blah blah blah" posts pop up way too often. No there shouldn't be a new server to cut the already small pop even smaller, and rotations were stupid on live, and a terrible idea on an emu server. If you want uncontested or lots of raid targets, go play on THF or something.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

you people need to stop asking/forcing/pushing for/demanding/or saying it is even a good idea of- rotations just stop ffs its not going to happen no matter how you word it or disguise your silly posts.

step up and play or not- that is whats great about MMOs and deff EQ- I had a old co worker who was a 40+ yr old lady and played EQ and bought every xpac from 1999 untill like 2005 and was level 45 on like 5 characters- all she did was wonder around, trade skill and socialize.

Some people love the group content.

the people that want raid content...must do what they must do in order to enjoy the raid content... its how it is.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Closed Thread