Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are right - it's all about efficiency and people rather solo/duo/trio, and why should shaman/cleric duo with u when they can do better with a monk or chanter. either u have friends on server or u spend a lot of time LFG

those who claim otherwise are mostly pre-established players on server who has friends or cash to gear their wars. if this is ur first char and u dont have cash, dont make a war.
Except I literally just wrote an entire post refuting this as a first toon warrior who had no friends or pre-established characters when he joined the server - I'm now 55 and in a top raiding guild.

Just read the post. Ask actual questions and for real advice on the forum, and you'll find people will literally offer to help you out. The game is a group oriented MMO - if talking and socializing aren't your bag, this game isn't for you regardless of class.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Kobold

I never said it couldn't be done, I did it myself. I'm 56 and in a raiding guild too. It was just inefficient. Stop trying to say leveling a broke warrior is the same as a Druid because everyone knows you're wrong.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:36 AM
Kobold

I'm trying to give honest advice and this dude is like "loot some garbage from yard trash and find a silken whip of ensnaring! You can do it dude! Save up and you will get that fbss at level 50!".
Regardless play what you want. I totally did.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

It is always going to be harder and take longer to level a melee toon as your first character on P99. I leveled a necro to 60 and farmed enough plat to deck out a monk with fungi etc. and it probably took me less time to get both toons to 60 than if I had tried to slug through gearing and get the monk 60 first.

That being said, many people have more fun playing with level appropriate gear (ex. Auld Lang Syne). This game is a giant sandbox and there is no one correct path, just have fun and enjoy playing the game in your own way.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to give honest advice and this dude is like "loot some garbage from yard trash and find a silken whip of ensnaring! You can do it dude! Save up and you will get that fbss at level 50!".
Regardless play what you want. I totally did.
We agree here in the "play what you want" thing 100%.

Turning my advice into a parody and then defensively encouraging people to role "easier" classes is a you thing.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posts like these are why I'm happy I didn't come ask for advice when I first started here.
Here’s the irony, the OP didn’t post looking for advice. A bunch of knuckleheads who are full of themselves and bad advice, who also have the comprehension Skills equal to that of a third grader, have all decided to grace this thread with their drivel.

Sorry OP, you’re probably best served starting another thread to find your duo.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:48 AM
Large Rat

No Need for another thread, I found what I wanted (and then some). I've been enjoying the rhetoric here in either case. I am not new to MMO's and not new to EQ, just new to P99. I know all the easy mode classes and tactics but what I really enjoy is playing Melee classes and hence will enjoy my new Warrior.

I do need to say though that people on this server have been amazingly friendly and helpful. I wasn't playing for more then a couple minutes when i had a trade window open out of nowhere and hand me some starting gear. Then when asking a gear question in EC I received some very helpful advice from a few higher level warriors and several more offers for gear.

Thanks again to everyone that help make this server an enjoyable and friendly place to play.

BTW : My Duo partner (Cleric) and I are looking for a chanter to join us on a regular basis if anyone has a low level chanter they'd like to have some fun with. Play times are the same as listed in OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s the irony, the OP didn’t post looking for advice. A bunch of knuckleheads who are full of themselves and bad advice, who also have the comprehension Skills equal to that of a third grader, have all decided to grace this thread with their drivel.

Sorry OP, you’re probably best served starting another thread to find your duo.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythyk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Need for another thread, I found what I wanted (and then some). I've been enjoying the rhetoric here in either case. I am not new to MMO's and not new to EQ, just new to P99. I know all the easy mode classes and tactics but what I really enjoy is playing Melee classes and hence will enjoy my new Warrior.

I do need to say though that people on this server have been amazingly friendly and helpful. I wasn't playing for more then a couple minutes when i had a trade window open out of nowhere and hand me some starting gear. Then when asking a gear question in EC I received some very helpful advice from a few higher level warriors and several more offers for gear.

Thanks again to everyone that help make this server an enjoyable and friendly place to play.

BTW : My Duo partner (Cleric) and I are looking for a chanter to join us on a regular basis if anyone has a low level chanter they'd like to have some fun with. Play times are the same as listed in OP.
Glad to hear it. The server is replete with friendly people for sure, we just tend to derail threads when it comes to the forums. GL on your adventures.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythyk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's great to hear you're liking your warrior! I apologize for hijacking your thread. Welcome to P99!
Old 02-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Aviak

I played a warrior as my first character. This game is a huge timesink without leveling up a character you don't even want to play just for the purpose of twinking. If you want to play a warrior, play it, I wouldn't worry too much about folks crying about difficulty prior to twinking. I personally had a blast leveling up from nothing on my warrior.

As far as Rallos Zek is concerned there are some deity related armor pieces that can be made as well as dubious starting faction in Kael so you can walk from Eastern Wastes all the way into Wakening Lands at level 1 without issue.