Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Question thurg quest armor drops from kael

Any bros know if the wiki is accurate in terms of which mobs are dropping corroded plate? Is it just arena and plate house OR has anyone come across some drops in more accessble areas for say a duo or trio?

Peace and love bros
Old 09-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

A pretty safe check is "Do these mobs see invis". If yes, they can drop armor.

So the archway to Arena, those mobs and any beyond that should drop armor.
Archway to Tormax, those mobs and any Giants beyond. Plate cycle.

That should be it!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

If the mobs do not give Coldain faction - they can drop armor. It's very rare in the bank area but I've seen them drop there. Mobs in the plate cycle (manor) have high probability.

If this p99 is an accurate representation of live drop pattern, the guard mobs from inside tormax house seem to have the highest likelihood.

My anecdotal experience goes like this, from most to least likely:

Tormax guards
Veterans
Plate house (plate)
Protectors of zek
Arena trash
Anything on the high level side that doesn't give Coldain faction.

Moral of that story for all purpose drops, if it's open and you have a strong balanced group of high 50s to 60 squat in arena (or more than a group, but still need a good tank and a CLERIC) - arena is best. Note for arena hunting - protectors of zek are resistant and ass beaters. Without a defensive warrior you really do need a bunch of healing - 2 clerics or cleric and lesser healers working in tandem. Knights make slowing them sooner easier but our one cleric had a hard time keeping a 60 sk with good gear alive. Protector of zek hunting in general better approached with 2 groups unless geared to the teeth and using charmed dps.

Bank area gives xp in high 50s, can be done with less manpower than arena but puller with harmony or fd is sort of a requirement. Mobs have high hp and nasty regen though so you also need a minimum level of dps. Cleric is a big plus but with shaman slow 2 lesser priests (or a torpor shaman) can make do.

Plate manor is really good if you need to kit out your clerics/tanks/(bards lol), but all other archetypes won't see payback (think guild focused effort). Otherwise arena is a better bet.

Mobs are pretty resistant all around, even after malo and/or tash.

To answer your question. Duo would be hard just because of mob regen, hp, need for puller and heals. A high level monk sham combo Might be able. Torpor makes it much more possible. Monk would have to take care pulling but yeah that duo could do bank. Armor drops are rare though. Trio makes it easier, but class makeup still restricted to the need to single pull, slow and heal. Any dps could fit into the monk/sham duo. Cleric monk ench (charm and slow + cc) would also be good. Once you get a 4th - gets easy with balancing mana dps and pulls.

Duo - hard and class restricted but possible
Trio much more doable but slow killing and low probability of drops.
Quad starts to get easier but still need high levels and low probability of drops.
Five or more and you have an arena capable crew with the right makeup.

I've done arena with 60 monk 59 ench 55 cleric and my 57 bard. Ench charm and slows kept us moving along at a decent pace and bard songs kept mana up do downtime was limited. It got a lot easier after we added a lfg rog and a 60 sk. One protector of zek almost wiped us later when we had another out of group monk. Tank and one monk died. Last monk barely lived.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-09-2015 at 01:34 AM..
Old 09-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Troxx with respect to duo'ing. My own experiments with duo in Kael (60 SK with 60 SHM wife) proved that duo is possible but very slow. The bank area also sees frequent trains caused by players running through without invisibility. In general trying to duo there felt like more hassle than it was worth. Duo lower-level giants for faction is practical, but for armor I'd rather have more of a group.

Danth
Closed Thread