Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Orc

Exclamation Some questions from an old EQ veteran...

Ok well I have played since release, but stopped once EQ went Alien (aka GoD and beyond). I remember some key issues that were tough and I wanted to see if this server did a direct emulation from those days...

First, if I die, will I have to make those dreaded corpse runs with no armor still?

Also, I plan on making a Necromancer. Will I have a very difficult time in finding spells since the player base is much smaller than what the EQ servers had back then? In other words, will I have to hope and pray i get a random drop scroll that I have to research to get the spell?

Is EC still the common place to meet vendors like it was when Kunark was around? I don't know why it wouldn't be since it only went from EC to Bazaar when Luclin was released but I'm just double checking.

Have there been any more quests added to the game than what was had before? I only ask this because I remember that past about lvl 13-14 (Crushbone pads and belts), there really wasn't any decent exp quest turn-ins or quests themselves that helped to alleviate the grinding issue. I'm not going to jump ship if that's still the case, but has that issue been addressed at all?

I play on a dual-core CPU, would I need to select to run it on a single core for the game to not have graphics issues?

And then my final question.....

Anyone here from Erollisi Marr? If so, I am the same person that played the characters Llordaen, Turque, Ankiilbiter (Was guilded with Resilience and Affliction mainly). I also knew Ealnid, Vagrouan, Keeponlaffin, Iksaar, Xanderx and many others. I'll see if I can scrounge up some old screenshots if I can. I think I had them saved on that archaic old thing called a CD, ewww.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Orc

The server is like any classic server after the Kunark release. So your answers are
Yes.
No. We peaked at 1500 players online when Kunark opened and fluctuate from 250-1000 on normal days.
EC is the place to trade.
No. No new quests and XP from quests tapers off around level 13-14
I am running on a Windows 7 with dualcore. I didn't have to change any settings.
Erollisi Marr: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7523
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

1) yes, you'll be running for your corpse
2) Generally, no, you won't have difficulty. At least up to lvl 44 since you can raise your research skill high enough for very little plat at a trainer, or buy the spells from a merchant.
3) EC is still the most common meeting place to buy/sell/trade
4) This server emulates EQ as it came out after classic, I believe the gnoll fang quest in qeynos will be good quest xp until the 20something. But beyond that you're stuck with grinding.
5) You need to set affinity on eqgame.exe to only use one of your cores to avoid issues. if you use the duxa all-in-one installer it'll setup an icon on your desktop (with the classic icon, none the less) that runs a batch script to automatically set affinity for you
6) I didn't play on Erollisi marr

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankiilbiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, if I die, will I have to make those dreaded corpse runs with no armor still?
Yes, nekkid!

Quote:
Also, I plan on making a Necromancer. Will I have a very difficult time in finding spells since the player base is much smaller than what the EQ servers had back then? In other words, will I have to hope and pray i get a random drop scroll that I have to research to get the spell?
Guilds are usually pretty good with dispensing the necessary spells to those who need them. Some good researchers around. Failing that, there's the EC tunnel or the forum here to ask if you're really stuck for them.

Quote:
Is EC still the common place to meet vendors like it was when Kunark was around? I don't know why it wouldn't be since it only went from EC to Bazaar when Luclin was released but I'm just double checking.
Yes, EC is the hub of all tradestuffs. Whether its torch 1 or torch 2, there's always some buying/selling going on. Always a good place to shout for a SoW if you're on a corpse run too.... many a friendly player I find.

Quote:
Have there been any more quests added to the game than what was had before? I only ask this because I remember that past about lvl 13-14 (Crushbone pads and belts), there really wasn't any decent exp quest turn-ins or quests themselves that helped to alleviate the grinding issue.
Not in the old world so much. If you start on Faydwer I'd totally recommend the Kelethin mail delivery quests (from Tacar Tissleplay in Felwithe to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin), if you can suffer the monotony of running back and forth, its much faster than pounding on skeletons and wasps. CB belts / Deathfist Slashed Belts still very popular.... not as familiar with Qeynos or Erudin.

Quote:
I play on a dual-core CPU, would I need to select to run it on a single core for the game to not have graphics issues?
Not sure, load it up and see what happens is always the best thing to do. You might be ok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
And then my final question.....

Anyone here from Erollisi Marr? If so, I am the same person that played the characters Llordaen, Turque, Ankiilbiter (Was guilded with Resilience and Affliction mainly). I also knew Ealnid, Vagrouan, Keeponlaffin, Iksaar, Xanderx and many others. I'll see if I can scrounge up some old screenshots if I can. I think I had them saved on that archaic old thing called a CD, ewww.
Would be great if they were here. I started on Prexus myself and went through a run of servers. Lanys T'Vyl, Luclin, Vazaelle, Tholuxe Paells and finally Venril Sathir when it was launched (for us Europeans) :P

Good times. Hope the answers have helped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

1) CRs are the good ole fashion kind...run that nekkid arse back to your body.

2) There are probably plenty of high level researching necros. Necros tend to be a very popular class here as many players use one as a main/money making alt before starting the class they really want to play. Also, as for researching, I've heard that trying vendors nearby appropriate levels yields good results in locating particular research pages.

3) EC is the de facto auction location. However, with a lot of people leveling furiously in kunark, trades are being done in more zones. This will probably shift back towards EC as the server population gets to the cap (60) again.

4) I would say the content developers have done extremely well at making classic quests. That said, they are just the classic ones, so be ready for a grind, not a quest-based leveling experience.

5) My laptop is an intel CORE DUO, I do not have to set the CPU affinity to one. However, Duxa/Chrushev has a great tool that will assist with this issue should the need arise for you.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...63&postcount=1

6) EMarr peeps: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...#Erollisi_Marr
Feel free to add yourself to the list by editing the wiki page:
HTML Code:
|- 
| <Live Character Name> || <P99 Character name> ||
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Looks like your questions were answered, as far as Dual Core issues go. It depends on what kind of processor it is.

Generally Intel processors dont have any issues, AMD processors do. Look in my signature, the installer will let you setup the game to run on Project 1999 in a few clicks, and also has an option to fix Multi Core CPU issues, so that you dont have to do anything.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Orc

Wow guys/gals that was a wonderful response. Dang, felt like I was on an old EQ server where the community was strong and helped each other. I appreciate that =)

When i played WoW it's community support was crap, even with it's amount of popularity =/

Anywho, thanks again for all of your answers I'm looking forward to bumping up Project1999's server pop by 1!!!

P.S. - Swish I had forgotten about beneficial buffs and EC's usefulness on corpse runs, thanks for reminding me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

it's definitely old school. the population could be heartier in off hours, but otherwise it's classic.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Start playing, you wont regret anything. The people here are amazing and offer plenty of help.
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like your questions were answered, as far as Dual Core issues go. It depends on what kind of processor it is.

Generally Intel processors dont have any issues, AMD processors do. Look in my signature, the installer will let you setup the game to run on Project 1999 in a few clicks, and also has an option to fix Multi Core CPU issues, so that you dont have to do anything.
I have a house full of AMD dual cores and never had a problem, so your mileage will vary.
Closed Thread