Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO as a Shaman, you're almost always better off cani/meding during that 8 seconds. 260~ dmg in 8 seconds is bad, especially on Kunark mobs. It's not good for group and is mediocre for Soloing.

This is purely my opinion and other will definitely disagree.
I agree.

I didn't have it until probably some time into Luclin release, so I guess it was a lot better to have in kunark era. But it simply didn't fit my playstyle. I was/am so used to the canni-dance that I cannot stand the 8 sec wait.

That said, if some of them felt in my hand, I'd be happy.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Orc

It makes new soloing methods viable. A correctly geared shaman can easily tank a slowed blue mob and take very little damage. Pull with malo + slow, pet attack, and then just spam bracernuke until the mob is dead. You'll spend virtually no mana and it's pretty decent DPS considering its lack of cost.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by apenao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was/am so used to the canni-dance that I cannot stand the 8 sec wait.
That's what I've noticed about the clickies so far.... I can't abide standing during a server tick after canni-dancing so long. I don't have Canni3 yet though, so maybe it will change once I don't *have* to be canni'ing between every tick.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

I certainly want one for its utility, and did use one on live. That said, I will be waiting til the prices stabilize - I think 15-25k is reasonable and expect the prices to stabilize at some point to that range.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Considering there are only so many shamans and the crypt will be pretty much permafarmed for hiero cloaks and 60 spells off chottal, it will probably end up being even cheaper than the 12k I paid for mine towards the end of kunark on Live.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Posted this in an EC post as well.

Generally a soloing shaman thats taking on high risk mobs are slow+torpor tanking and dont cani AS MUCH as normal so this is what makes the JBB such a valued item. Its by no means a "must have to kill high risk" but it certainly makes things a lot easier.

Its by no means meant for grouping, altho Im not saying it should never be used in a group. Buts its mainly for the reason I posted that makes it a high valued item.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

The higher risk the situation, the less sense it makes to waste it using an 8 second 260 DD ice nuke. You need to be mana up on canni while torpor tanking and dotting.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

It seems like people who have or had one generally acknowledge just how useful these things are and how nice having one is whereas the people who don't and never did have one seem to be unimpressed by it.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Kobold

If you're tanking, wouldn't the 8 sec click be interrupted alot?

On live, I didn't get mine til late Velious era and rarely used it. Was useful in situations where I was low on health and mana, but didn't use it as a tool for every fight. I always found it comforting to have as many tools in the toolbox as possible, sort to speak.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like people who have or had one generally acknowledge just how useful these things are and how nice having one is whereas the people who don't and never did have one seem to be unimpressed by it.
Not sure how you drew this conclusion....seems a mixed bag from both.