Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of what's sold is uncommon trash loot that you see every day in EC. 9% is resold tradeable raid loot, 1% is actually rare loot being sold. There's nothing hard to get with log trackers and forum posts. I don't consider EC resellers a valuable service.
97.3% of all statistics are made up. However, even if your unsourced made up statistics are true then resellers have helped thousands of people on P99 buy and sell goods faster than they would have been able to without resellers present.

You not considering something to be true does not make it true or untrue. Back when I spent a lot of time playing on the server and reselling items in EC I had tons of people that were very happy to have someone to quickly sell high value items to or buy rarer items from knowing that if they spent weeks in EC spamming they might sell for a bit more or buy it a bit cheaper. Plus it gave me something to do at work that helped me pass the hours, lol

What you don't consider a valuable service many others have been very happy with.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 07-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*I've spent a significant portion of a couple of years of my life making virtual money inside of a chat room while being paid real money at my job.

FTFY

You're welcome.

So you’ve found an employer who rewards you for being useless. Congrats I guess.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you’ve found an employer who rewards you for being useless. Congrats I guess.
My employer didn't have an issue with my uselessness or the huge financial gains I was personally responsible for bringing to their company, so it was a win-win for both of us.

Thankfully I have since left that position and own and operate my own company which allows me to personally gain much more from my uselessness instead of my employer reaping all the benefits although I have had to become a casual scum that rarely logs into p99 anymore.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

I play at work a lot. Not all jobs require constant attention, if I didn't play I'd just be sitting there waiting or watching you tube videos instead.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My employer didn't have an issue with my uselessness or the huge financial gains I was personally responsible for bringing to their company, so it was a win-win for both of us.

Thankfully I have since left that position and own and operate my own company which allows me to personally gain much more from my uselessness instead of my employer reaping all the benefits although I have had to become a casual scum that rarely logs into p99 anymore.
So you're admitting that to actually work you can't tunnel tunnelquest as well?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread