Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

This game has been unplayable ever since A-team got epics.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Eh I personally hate the rooted dragons. I dont really enjoy raid encounters much because even with crawling it's still just ch chain while monster dies. Crawling just makes it all worse because now instead of being able to skip to the tankspank dragon part now you have to log on and start the laundry list of coths and gates and pulling a mob too soon / soon late and leap frogging and clearing trash for an hour or more then finally we reach the tank spank part.

Some people like the rooted dragons and theres nothing wrong with that but I stopped enjoying raiding a long time ago and rooted dragons has made a healthy portion of it take 10x longer. But gotta progress my character somehow right ?!
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh I personally hate the rooted dragons. I dont really enjoy raid encounters much because even with crawling it's still just ch chain while monster dies. Crawling just makes it all worse because now instead of being able to skip to the tankspank dragon part now you have to log on and start the laundry list of coths and gates and pulling a mob too soon / soon late and leap frogging and clearing trash for an hour or more then finally we reach the tank spank part.

Some people like the rooted dragons and theres nothing wrong with that but I stopped enjoying raiding a long time ago and rooted dragons has made a healthy portion of it take 10x longer. But gotta progress my character somehow right ?!

There is so, so much more to crawling than just rolling a CH chain on a tank. "...I stopped enjoying raiding a long time ago..." tells me you have no idea what ToV is like outside of, bosses are rooted now.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is so, so much more to crawling than just rolling a CH chain on a tank. "...I stopped enjoying raiding a long time ago..." tells me you have no idea what ToV is like outside of, bosses are rooted now.
i mean im in tov raiding as you typed this so idk what to say
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean im in tov raiding as you typed this so idk what to say
Please don’t comment on raiding if you don’t raid.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

P99 will be fine, there are tons of EQ'rs who love classic EQ enough to put up with whatever kind of TOV you throw at them.

Its stood the test of time of like 10 yrs running now. Some hate rooted dragons but there are lots of others who don't know the insta pull era and will continue to raid P99 for years and years.

Just gotta take the server for what it is each time the meta changes and either enjoy it or do something else.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 07-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 will be fine, there are tons of EQ'rs who love classic EQ enough to put up with whatever kind of TOV you throw at them.

Its stood the test of time of like 10 yrs running now. Some hate rooted dragons but there are lots of others who don't know the insta pull era and will continue to raid P99 for years and years.

Just gotta take the server for what it is each time the meta changes and either enjoy it or do something else.
I hope so, p99 has been a lot of fun over the years and I'd hate to see it end up like red. I just think even with how top heavy this server is, if you need more than 10 clerics and 3 hours to clear to a dragon that it will be unsustainable.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game has been unplayable ever since A-team got epics.
Poor Save is still out there somewhere, still tagged in A-Team, still without his snake staff.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Tis the circle of [no] life EverQuest.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-20-2019, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

itt: low effort players with entitlement issues
Closed Thread