Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 11:42 PM
Orc

Default i need help with a lost body all my gear is on it

gm please help me
Old 12-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

If your corpse decayed in-game /petition in game and it will be restored to the East Commons / West Freeport zoneline (you'll see the pile of corpses on the EC side). They also periodically restore decayed corpses so it may already be there waiting for you.

-Mcoy
Old 12-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also periodically restore decayed corpses so it may already be there waiting for you.
How often does that occur and how long do the corpses last there?

My friend and I have just started playing. We are playing duo self found. We are really afraid of the Kunark dungeons where you go in one way and can't get back out without working your way through the dungeon. We are afraid of getting in over our head and not being able to get our corpses back when we can't make it to the exit. This would make our playtime more enjoyable, if we knew that we would just not be able to play for several weeks while we waiting for our corpses to recovered.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQSleuth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My friend and I have just started playing. We are playing duo self found. We are really afraid of the Kunark dungeons where you go in one way and can't get back out without working your way through the dungeon. We are afraid of getting in over our head and not being able to get our corpses back when we can't make it to the exit. This would make our playtime more enjoyable, if we knew that we would just not be able to play for several weeks while we waiting for our corpses to recovered.
I think, like most things GM/Guide related, it's extremely variable how often they do it and I can't say for certain how long they remain. You have to wait the 7 days for it to decay first and I'm fairly certain you can't rez the GM summoned corpses. With the dungeon scenario you described, you'd be better off getting a NEC or SK to summon your corpse for you to the entrance of the dungeon. The caskets cost around 200pp each if I remember correctly (been a long time since I bought tiny coffins since they stack) and you'll want to tip them for their time. You'll still need a rez after the summon if there's a timer left and you're worried about experience. Otherwise, I'd expect to be without your character for 2 weeks or so if they are doing once weekly decayed corpse summons.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQSleuth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

kunark dungeons are generally pretty well designed, imo. Most of the "one way in, different way out" dungeons are not overwhelming at appropriate level. Thinking of them off the top of my head -

dalnir - only becomes one way if you drop down from the first floor; don't bother going here anyways.

droga / nurga - great dungeons for their appropriate levels; nothing in droga sees invis, so you can always get to your corpse and drag it to the exit if you can get invis.

chardok - exit is near the entrance; difficult corpse recoveries further in, but you can become factioned and non-kos in the zone, so all you need is someone to drag if you get in a pinch. lots of factioned people there most of the time, so also not insurmountable.

sebilis - like chardok, exit near the entrance. difficult corpse recoveries deeper in. no getting faction with the froggies. a rogue can drag, if it comes to that. shouldn't really be going here until sometime in your 50's anways.

charasis (howling stones) - probably the worst of this group. zoning in is dangerous, the zone out is exceptionally hard to get to. corpse recoveries can be very tricky in this zone for lots of reasons - some mobs see invis, some mobs see through rogue sneak/hide, the zone in is not a safe place, several areas of the dungeon are behind locked doors. I love this zone, but i would stay away until the low 50's at the earliest.

I'd say just go to town and explore. worst case scenario - you find a necro to summon your corpse, coffins are like 100 plat.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dalnir - only becomes one way if you drop down from the first floor; don't bother going here anyways.
GET THAT TALK OUT OF HEEEREEEEE.

Dalnir is my second favorite zone after Howling Stones. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Lots of fun and danger to be had there.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

I think you would be extremely surprised, contrary to how people act on these forums, how easy it would be to reach out for help to get a dungeon drag. Also could always park a level 5 rogue to drag yourselves.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you would be extremely surprised, contrary to how people act on these forums, how easy it would be to reach out for help to get a dungeon drag. Also could always park a level 5 rogue to drag yourselves.
Agreed. Just send me a PM here or a tell in game and i'd be glad to help w/ corpse recovery.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:19 AM
Orc

Default stll nothing

been wating at the zone line for n9 days now(
Old 12-20-2020, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

If it has been over 7 days since you died, then the corpse will have rotted. In that case, do as Mcoy said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your corpse decayed in-game /petition in game and it will be restored to the East Commons / West Freeport zoneline (you'll see the pile of corpses on the EC side).
Closed Thread