View Poll Results: Do it?
Yes 14 41.18%
No 15 44.12%
7,057 day anniversary 10 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

That's why mama and daddy named you Dirt instead of Nunnemaker!
Old 01-06-2021, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

If America let international relations slip (further), or went into total isolation with a civil war etc... what would change? Quite a lot.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Banned

The theory that societies fall from within is showing it's truth. The Roman's didn't fall because they got conquered per say - that happened after they fell apart on the inside.

Americans are concerned about social issues and dividing themselves up over them, they are looking only inward and that's why they are tearing each other apart.
Look how aggressive and angry lefties are on this forum alone - blocking people, calling them names, swearing. Could hardly imagine how toxic it is in places like NY, California etc.

This is only the beginning, people are choosing a side: left or right, Dem or Republican, Squad or Whatever.

It's all down hill from here; just look at how bitter and angry Biden supporters are even though they won the game of politics (cheating and getting away with it - what politics is really all about).

That anger isn't going to go away, that bitterness isn't going away.

Then you have Trump supporters who feel ripped off, their anger and bitterness isn't going away either.

Biden isn't going to be the leader to bind people back together; the mentality of Democrats (as seen on these boards alone) will not allow it. Plus it's obviously he's a weakling of a leader only there because people didn't want Trump. He's not the leader anyone actually wanted per say.

Good luck to em all - be an interesting journey to watch from the outside.

Edit:
They need to go blow some desert up or some mountains to unite the country again. Create a distraction, something everyone can agree on so pals can share beers and golf courses again.
Last edited by White_knight; 01-06-2021 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

None of what's going on has any of the scent of the folks who'd most want to do it. The players who could be doing it have little reason to want to at present. This one's mainly internal, I think, and has been simmering for a long time. We'll see just how long it can simmer for before it boils over. White Knight brings up the (western) Roman Empire and it's instructive to remember that nation's decline lasted centuries before it finally collapsed, not mere years or decades, with a number of short-term revivals here and there mixed within. The formerly great Spanish empire also took an exceedingly long time to break apart. As a spectator in realtime it's hard to keep perspective on events that may ultimately span multiple human lifetimes. Granted there are cases where the end comes quickly, like the French and Russian revolutions. The speed of sthose events tended to take even the participants by surprise.

Danth
Old 01-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused aren’t you both trans?
Now you see why I bother making arguments against transphobia on this board. It is absolutely brutal. I believe I am one of two trans gals on this board who doesn't self-conceive as some sort of leper who deserves pain for being a freak. It's an icy and confusing world and I can only hope my sisters recover, but you can see why interaction is futile.

It doesn't help that they conceive of me as a mastermind running every account on this board. we are just beyond dialogue.

Keep in mind the psychological harm that is done when you're (anyone reading) making tasteless jokes.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 01-06-2021 at 09:51 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Not absolutely apparent to me, based on a brief purview of the posts in this thread, that the discussion has much to do with the topic but I am equally confused either way so maybe you guys can help me out:

You see, I heard from all the major news organizations that Biden was going to be confirmed today as the USA's next president. However, when I tried to watch this I saw instead a video of a shirtless guy in a racoon hat shouting from the capital building that Trump in fact won the election!?! I don't know who to believe, he seemed so credible!!! Perhaps if racoon guy could only signed an affidavit stating Trump won it would clear things up...

In all seriousness, this couldn't be a more ridiculous way for the meme presidency to end. The craziest part to me, though, are the people who will never see Trump for the conman and traitor that he is- a willing tool of our enemies. Hope your eyes are getting pealed open for you today but I doubt it. I would laugh but the only normal looking chick there got killed - that should tell you enough - a bunch of gun toting angry idiots there talking about fighting for freedom and they end up sacrificing her. SAD
Last edited by auura; 01-06-2021 at 09:54 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 09:52 PM
Banned

I don't know anything about the riot. I'm just concerned all the white people are going to die soon. C'mon we all know its coming.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

PEACEFUL PROTESTS AM I RITE BROTHER? NOTHIN LIKE THEM BLM FOLKS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peaceful.jpg (57.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-06-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know anything about the riot. I'm just concerned all the white people are going to die soon. C'mon we all know its coming.
Have some kids then. Only u can fight forest fires.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you see why I bother making arguments against transphobia on this board. It is absolutely brutal. I believe I am one of two trans gals on this board who doesn't self-conceive as some sort of leper who deserves pain for being a freak. It's an icy and confusing world and I can only hope my sisters recover, but you can see why interaction is futile.

It doesn't help that they conceive of me as a mastermind running every account on this board. we are just beyond dialogue.

Keep in mind the psychological harm that is done when you're (anyone reading) making tasteless jokes.
Which is hilarious considering that much of that "absolutely brutal" transphobia came from this person before she transitioned, sort of an ironic character arc like that homophobic dad in American Beauty. Remember when you make tasteless jokes this bitch deserves every bit she gets as karma.

*chomps hormone pills*
Closed Thread