Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
housing was a bad idea in every single game that ever had it
Ultima Online did it right for a bit, then it got kinda stupid with the over customization
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ultima Online did it right for a bit, then it got kinda stupid with the over customization
I had that as a theory when I heard about houses. I couldn't even begin to touch making an Ultima Online. But it would be nice to try one day.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
housing was a bad idea in every single game that ever had it
except for....minecraft!
Old 01-04-2021, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Also less automation and dialog boxes spamming the screen. Make it annoying AF to macro and target. Keep the UI paired down and do not implement systems that cause people to chase the ever worsening addon bloat.

It should take 10 minutes to craft an item, but decrease the amount you need to repeat a recipe for a skill up. Make this hard to automate. Probably just require a small mini game that requires a little attention to complete successfully.

Tradeskills should take center stage in the economy and gameplay with several tiers of item and have some rarity and RNG. Think tradeskill equivalent of the fungi tunic. Players should be fine to reach max level in the basic stuff and the raid stuff should stay relevant for at least 3 expansions. (Less progression, more variety and content, story).

Dungeons should be really complex and non-linear.

Allow players the pleasure of finding secrets, like a gnoll chieftain who allows you to side with him to teach a secret crafting recipe if you faction.

Make death random and exciting, if you go opening doors in Inns and poking your head in were you weren't invited you should get blasted by an evil lvl 40 wizard @ lvl 10.

Don't break immersion by making every thing glow and flash and sparkle and have arrows.

Allow people to discover good quests.

Allow people to break the game a bit with items, or finding ways to fight 50 mobs at once.

Death traps.

Let players trade with NPCs in cities as an alternative to farming HGs for plat by buying goods low and selling high in another town. Randomize this or give it some algorithm with a bit of RNG.

Make instant travel rare and only between hubs. Every part of the game shouldn't be accessible to every character.

Don't have like 50 abilities. Keep it simple and synergistic. Just like how CH works extremely well on warriors, but not really a wizard.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-04-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Old 01-04-2021, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except for....minecraft!
i would nest with u and marry u and treat you soo sweet

in minecraft
Old 01-04-2021, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yikes

*digs a lava trap and places illusory flooring*
Old 01-05-2021, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If EQ3 Hypothetically were in development, what would you suggest?
Did anyone suggest rooted mobs and mario cart foot races yet?
Old 01-05-2021, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did anyone suggest rooted mobs and mario cart foot races yet?
I think there is a problem in the sense that, games get stale after people have played it for a bit. And with each new expansion sometimes people want to play new classes. Adding a free level 90 to each expansion would increase peoples willingness to play. Resetting your talents seems a little unnecessary anyway. This should be removed because in shooter game things are realistic, which is what fantasy games need.

Aww I feel like I'm making fun of a friend on that last one.

I do hate reading books all day in Wow though. I hate to rag on the nerds rights activist... but can I please not read a page in a book every time I do a quest. Or else I'll make algebra class make you shoot a 3 pointer in basketball first.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:39 AM
Banned

Sorry I don't know about the rooted mobs and mario races, I thought u were joking.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default nice

i here to read your suggestions. You guys have great minds
regards
Closed Thread