Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Fastest server to get level 60?
Red 70 57.38%
Green 6 4.92%
Blue 46 37.70%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True IF you can stick it out.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On green, if you don't have 100% optimized pixels per second, snaggletooths will roll around in their bed in anger
Funny part is most of those types will take iksar monks with their 44% experience penalty and never think twice.

Folks who want to level as fast as possible shouldn't be hanging out in full groups in the first place.

Red seems like the obvious answer to the original question since it has a huge experience bonus. Blue's next since it has velious equipment and experience rates. Green has worst equipment and original experience rates where even the casters have 10% penalties, plus the most competition for a more limited number of good areas.

Danth
Old 01-15-2021, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw, by all means play a ranger or whatever if it makes you happy. I'm not trying to tell anyone what class they should play, just keeping it honest for someone wondering about the fastest way to 60, which is what this thread is about, jesus. It's not like I'm some big mean class bigot shoving unsolicited information down your throat, it's that 40% less xp for everyone in the group is a huge imposition for a game that already takes so long to get to max level.

If you disagree with that, you're wrong, and selfish. If you don't notice it, you're a noob. Go group with other noobs who don't notice or care, but don't expect invites to many xp groups if you're a hybrid on green. Not trying to be mean, that's just a fact. Expect to solo a lot and get very slow xp if you roll one of those classes. Poor choice if you're looking to get to 60 fast as the OP asked. Quit being butthurt about it and accept reality.

Thank you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hi-5 for human druids ^^
I don't dispute that hybrids level slower, and I never claimed that they leveled at a pace similar to other classes. I was simply calling out your crappy attitude demeaning to players that choose hybrids.

Also, you seem to be misinformed about xp penalty. Having a hybrid in the group isn't 40% less xp for the group. The share of the xp in a group that a hybrid takes is roughly equal to a non-hybrid that is 2-3 levels higher.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Why are there so many creepy people on P99?
Old 01-16-2021, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drwarves.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great question. The actual ingame is full of weird psychos. I only got to lvl 50 but had ppl flip out at me multiple times in ways that never happened to me on live. Like, imagining things and going crazy at me conflict.

Meanwhile, i've met 9999 ppl from the internet, and they were all cool every last one. But the last 2 ppl I met from the p99 forum, of the 8 p99rs i've met irl since 2010, were severely mentally ill and behaved aggressively IRL in person.

I conclude that there's an escalating correlation between continued identification with this stupid game and ongoing mental illness. We are, collectively, getting brainsicker and sicker. Not me of course tho I just like elves.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile, i've met 9999 ppl from the internet, and they were all cool every last one.
Grindr doesn't count.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:22 AM
Banned

ik obsessed, i've had a few bad experiences thru there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That massive 40% xp penalty for hybrids is still in effect on green, so hardly anyone plays them or invites them to groups unless you're a fool who likes to share their slow xp. Give me a solid paladin over a warrior anyday on blue for xp groups, but on green? Fuck off with your selfish class choice that penalizes everyone. Exception only applies to bards who are good at swarm kite PL and can actually give something back.

I've heard paladins are pretty good on red tho. Blind, stun, bash, heals, root.. that's a lot of survivability and annoying spells to deal with.
You seem like the kinda guy to eat buttons off a remote.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Vaye is a sweetheart. She's too smart to eat plastic. And you should respect her veteran MMOpinions.
Closed Thread