Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Since mid June.
We are actually all in a mental hospital, Awakened is in the west wing of the hospital, Aftermath is in the east wing. I keep trying to figure out how to escape but they are onto us.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since mid June.
i know a guy who had the same condition and basically the same procedure. he is stuck with a bag for life.

is it because he failed to fully explore his surgery options with alternative procedures? reading your story I cant help but wonder if that is the case....

if so, that is pretty fucked up that someone can fuck themselves over by not doing serious homework.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I hear that some people get stuck with the ileostomy bag for life. One person I spoke with said it's because she had another form of autoimmune disorder that precluded the J-Pouch surgery.

From speaking with my surgeon, I've learned that they basically have one attempt to restructure the small intestine into a new poop chute. So if you don't have a good doctor do it you're fucked.

Other than that, there are other health complications which people can have that I fortunately do not.

I also relocated to LA to get operated on by the dankest mofo in the butt surgery biz. He does it lapriscopically which just came out 2 years ago as a practice, so I don't even have big scars.

Just them internal ones, yo.

Real talk.

*walks away in slow motion with gray rain falling around him on a West Baltimore street*
We are actually all in a mental hospital, Awakened is in the west wing of the hospital, Aftermath is in the east wing. I keep trying to figure out how to escape but they are onto us.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he is stuck with a bag for life
They are making crazy breakthroughs in medicine all the time now (eg. https://www.israel21c.org/startup-pr...newed-dignity/). I would be pretty surprised if people (in developed countries at least) are still using bags twenty years from now.

Still a shitty long time to wait though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Within my life time it's likely I'll be able to get a new colon grown from stem cells.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Within my life time it's likely I'll be able to get a new colon grown from stem cells.
We were still born about 100 years too early though.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can't remember the exact condition you had/have, what was it again? Sorry to ask you to repeat stuff you already mentioned I just want to better understand it.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You can already 3d-print one ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

(The above is the colon of Larry Smarr: https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/09/...rtual-reality/)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah, I hear that some people get stuck with the ileostomy bag for life. One person I spoke with said it's because she had another form of autoimmune disorder that precluded the J-Pouch surgery.

From speaking with my surgeon, I've learned that they basically have one attempt to restructure the small intestine into a new poop chute. So if you don't have a good doctor do it you're fucked.

Other than that, there are other health complications which people can have that I fortunately do not.

I also relocated to LA to get operated on by the dankest mofo in the butt surgery biz. He does it lapriscopically which just came out 2 years ago as a practice, so I don't even have big scars.

Just them internal ones, yo.

Real talk.

*walks away in slow motion with gray rain falling around him on a West Baltimore street*
All pun intended, you've been dealt a really shitty hand and I wish you god speed good sir.