Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-15-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Green 2.0 Ninja Release Tomorrow?

• March 16, 1999 EverQuest release date
  • Servers pulled down today without any patch notes or explanation -- dry run?
  • The desires of the sweaty masses
  • The steganographic artifact from the day the wormhole opened pointed to this day

I'm a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Don't tease me
Old 03-15-2023, 04:12 PM
Large Rat

That would be fun. However, as much as I want a last fresh start for another 2 year run, I feel like some heads-up to plan and prepare would help everyone.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlhennes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be fun. However, as much as I want a last fresh start for another 2 year run, I feel like some heads-up to plan and prepare would help everyone.
It would, which might be why they aren't going to give one. It would be a slightly less hellish release.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Fuck I’d panic about what class to play.

I’d love a Paladin but not sure I can invest the time into XP penalties and dealing with Guise camp and begging for groups and having to raid away to get any decent. Oh and no gate!

Cleric would be cool. But I dunno if I wanna farm VP key, guise (or do you go DE? or maybe gnome or human or …) AND manastone. Firepot bind would be sweet on a cleric by hmm.

Rogue seems chill. Beg for groups but you don’t need much gear and there’ll be plenty of grouping. Just chill and have fun… still a pretty limited class though…

I’d literally break trying to figure it out.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue sucks ass pre-Kunark/pre-epic. Do not recommend.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Yep. They don't even have evade in classic, and while they don't do very good DPS with the garbage weapons available to them pre-raid, they do generate tons of aggro because backstab just does that regardless of damage dealt. So you don't do good DPS, but you do take aggro constantly, and you have no way of getting rid of it again. It's fucking awful.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but if you main a rogue in vanilla you get to be main rogue when kunark comes out.

I hate to be the realistic guy here but the only server that might get a surprise release would be a red one. I think the staff has had a more positive experience with the blue players so a non PvP server won’t get thrown at you without some announce.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

It takes months after Kunark launches until epics become available, so there isn't even much appeal in having a 50 rogue at launch. You still have to wait until like the last third of the expansion before the class actually becomes good.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but if you main a rogue in vanilla you get to be main rogue when kunark comes out.

I hate to be the realistic guy here but the only server that might get a surprise release would be a red one. I think the staff has had a more positive experience with the blue players so a non PvP server won’t get thrown at you without some announce.
First in line to get the easiest epic? Lol your typical red player. Imbeciles.