Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-16-2024, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Default Considering Starting Over

Bit of Background:

I currently main a Lv. 53 Druid. I've got around 15k in gear if I sold it all off, and could port around to make a bit more. I'm getting tired of the class and thinking about starting fresh with an alt and selling everything I've got to gear the alt up a bit.

My Question:

What race/class combo would you make if you only had around 15k to play around with. Obviously, I can't afford a fungi or any of the other traditional mega-twink items, so I'm wondering what I could get the most "bang for my buck" alt-wise.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Depends on the play style you're looking for. I personally enjoy the knights, but my 10k Halfling Warrior was a blast as well, and Monk is a classic of course. I'd probably skip Ranger since you're a Druid already. If you do a melee jboots + iksar BP would be my priorities.

A pure caster isn't OP with 15k, but jboots, some HP and ample spell money ain't nothin. An Iksar necro or a whatever enchanter would be sitting pretty with those starting funds.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

That's about the point it starts becoming a real grind.

With 15k, not knowing your preferences I would say some kind of caster. It's really nice to be able to start a new character with Jboots MQ, some WR bags, gear with stats in every slot and money for spells/reagents, etc. That's living pretty good.

My personal choice would be enchanter with whatever race you think looks best, Jboots MQ, GGR and Rod of Glamor. That's good enough to take you to 60, with the rest into hp/ac rings and then basic CHA gear.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bit of Background:

I currently main a Lv. 53 Druid. I've got around 15k in gear if I sold it all off, and could port around to make a bit more. I'm getting tired of the class and thinking about starting fresh with an alt and selling everything I've got to gear the alt up a bit.

My Question:

What race/class combo would you make if you only had around 15k to play around with. Obviously, I can't afford a fungi or any of the other traditional mega-twink items, so I'm wondering what I could get the most "bang for my buck" alt-wise.
Enchanter, 100%

You'll be able to farm plenty of cash for your mega twink melee.

High elf, max cha. I'll make a magelo for you.
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-17-2024 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-17-2024, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bit of Background:

My Question:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:10k_budget_enc

save the rest of your money for spells, the biggest one being bedlam at 58 (10k?)

ideally you want to stay between 200 and 205 cha, there are obviously lots of options later if you want to spend plat to really beef out your enc...big cha items like neriad shawl allow you to ditch the shitty cha items and get more HP / AC which is all that matters after 205 cha

enc gets really dumb once you get FT8 and mana becomes entirely non-issue

that being said, enc is really the highest "skillcap" class and if you're not piloting it efficiently no amount of gear is going to save you
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-17-2024 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-17-2024, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:10k_budget_enc

save the rest of your money for spells, the biggest one being bedlam at 58 (10k?)

ideally you want to stay between 200 and 205 cha, there are obviously lots of options later if you want to spend plat to really beef out your enc...big cha items like neriad shawl allow you to ditch the shitty cha items and get more HP / AC which is all that matters after 205 cha

enc gets really dumb once you get FT8 and mana becomes entirely non-issue

that being said, enc is really the highest "skillcap" class and if you're not piloting it efficiently no amount of gear is going to save you
Nice thanks! I've considered enchanter before, but could never pull the trigger, due to the notorious skill requirement to play well, but maybe it's time to give it a try.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nice thanks! I've considered enchanter before, but could never pull the trigger, due to the notorious skill requirement to play well, but maybe it's time to give it a try.
if you did some charming on the druid you'll be fine...enc just does it better
Old 04-17-2024, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The "skill" requirement is really only applicable if you're soloing high end content in dangerous dungeons. Otherwise it's a fairly easy exercise to charm kill things for XP.

Groups are obviously a bit more involved since you have to be on your game mezzing things while also keeping an NPC charmed as a pet and controlling it on breaks, plus buffing various people in the group. That's the pro and con of grouping as an Enchanter...you're one of the most important/useful group members, but it's also highly active so you have to be paying attention, can't take a quick AFK easily, etc.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Just find good clerics and make it easy on yourself.

Anything more than duo / trio is just bloat.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but if I'm grouping it's because I don't care about EXP efficiency for that play session. I'm just looking to crack a couple beers and shoot the shit with a bunch of people while we crawl through the Hole to the docks for example and kill a bunch of stuff.