Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2023, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also opt for a slower release of content. Let the lower-level zones get used a lot more. Not everyone races to the end level, I find it a shame that there is so much unused content on these servers as is.

Let's face it the entire appeal of this Project is old content/game mechanics and the social interaction that is required to progress, I just think it would be awesome if somehow the lower-level stuff kept its appeal longer if servers are going to keep recycling, considering end game content is always available on Blue.
This is a great idea. Even just doubling the time of release patches would make the server have a 6-8 year lifespan. Enough time for casuals to enjoy the game. Poopsockers be damned!

Call it "P99 slow burn" or something
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 01-28-2023 at 09:55 PM..
Old 01-28-2023, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

however, spoiler:

It's gonna be a while. Project owners in secret are panicking about the decision because it's going to fracture the population depending on what they do.

When they make the announcement, they'll sound brash like it was "in the plan all along", but the truth is, they probably don't know what they're going to do.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

My thought is this: They scheduled Kunark and Velious on exact days and stayed absolutely radio silent without reminding anyone, and dropped the expansions as stealthily as they could until they were live then made the announcements, even though we did have exact days from day 1. They stuck to it perfectly.

I have a hunch green season 2 will be dropped without a word, and they will do exactly what they said they would do from the start, and will post the news and announcement only after it goes live. Keeps server population consistent and not explosive
Old 01-29-2023, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

I still have crippling paranoia, and I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon. I wish I could get serious therapy for it, but I have too many other problems I don't think they would understand. (Problems, and things they would think are problems.)

But if a new Green started. I would still probably have to try to play immediately.

So, I voted March 16th anyway.
Last edited by A Knight; 01-29-2023 at 01:28 AM..
Old 01-29-2023, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry, I hope that post doesn't lower the server population count. /shrugs

I think you guys are probably a Russian lan website, so hopefully it doesn't matter.
Last edited by A Knight; 01-29-2023 at 02:52 AM..
Old 01-29-2023, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thought is this: They scheduled Kunark and Velious on exact days and stayed absolutely radio silent without reminding anyone, and dropped the expansions as stealthily as they could until they were live then made the announcements, even though we did have exact days from day 1. They stuck to it perfectly.

I have a hunch green season 2 will be dropped without a word, and they will do exactly what they said they would do from the start, and will post the news and announcement only after it goes live. Keeps server population consistent and not explosive
Merging the servers and launching the new one without a fucking word would be hilarious, but I doubt it.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-29-2023, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merging the servers and launching the new one without a fucking word would be hilarious, but I doubt it.
Yeah I feel like they would have to at least announce a merge, if for no other reason than people who have multiple characters on the same account needing to figure out wtf they're gonna do about their extra characters. Or what about characters with the same name? My main on blue has the exact same name as my main on green and they're on the same account. Not sure what would happen in the event of a merge.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

87% says let's do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is smart. It's definitely the right way.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original the idea to reset the server every 2 years and put the existing Green characters onto Blue? Was this plan changed since then?