Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2023, 05:47 PM
Kobold

But Loramin, by what I understand of your logic, blue should be a ghost town. And it's not. Yes, a large number of players would abandon the current Green for the 2.0 server, but there are a ton of us playing on Green now because it's no longer the toxic neckbeard cesspool that it was when everyone was trying to be first at everything. And the current environment will be more palatable to the players who left Green to begin with, so some of them will come back. AND Green will likely get even more friendly and welcoming as the remaining cesspool neckbeards leave for 2.0. Rinse and repeat... Green will become stronger each time a new 2.5, 3.0 or 99.9 opens and the players from the previous level of the eq multiverse are merged in.

And Encroaching... no. I vowed never to give SoE, Daybreak, or any new owner of that pile of garbage (because that's what Live has become) another cent of my money ever again.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete the servers.

Play Everquest IRL.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But Loramin, by what I understand of your logic, blue should be a ghost town. And it's not. Yes, a large number of players would abandon the current Green for the 2.0 server, but there are a ton of us playing on Green now because it's no longer the toxic neckbeard cesspool that it was when everyone was trying to be first at everything. And the current environment will be more palatable to the players who left Green to begin with, so some of them will come back. AND Green will likely get even more friendly and welcoming as the remaining cesspool neckbeards leave for 2.0. Rinse and repeat... Green will become stronger each time a new 2.5, 3.0 or 99.9 opens and the players from the previous level of the eq multiverse are merged in.

And Encroaching... no. I vowed never to give SoE, Daybreak, or any new owner of that pile of garbage (because that's what Live has become) another cent of my money ever again.
Blue and green are the same thing at this point. No reason to keep green once new server starts. Plus the staff aren’t paying for that server to stay open for no reason lol
Old 01-05-2023, 09:38 PM
Kobold

Ahh. I didn't interpret the IRL correctly. In that case, no, because Ken Jeong in Role Models is enough for me to avoid LARPing, ever.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I think a lot of people would come back , like me. I stopped playing a few months into Kunark. I check every now and then for a new classic fresh server. i'D even pay a 2-3$ sub per month.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Classic is best!
Old 01-06-2023, 11:05 AM
Large Rat

While it makes logical sense to merge green with blue and then start a new green and do that in x year cycles...

There should have been a clear announcement/disclaimer that
a) it was going to happen
b) the actual specific timeline
Otherwise the immense amount of gameplay effort spent by players will feel like it got robbed. And for what purpose?

Highly addicted veteran players already know the game inside and out. Upon resetting they are going to know the game better than when green launched, not worse. There is no going back to what it was like in original EQ before anyone even understood what MMORPGs were, let alone knowing all the ins and outs of EQ.

Blue was created as a beta for green. There really isn't much benefit in wiping green unless 40 people fighting over a cracked staff in greater faydark is fun. Seal Team or "Good Guys" will just rush sleeper, again, and we'll be right back to where we are...except all those moderate players who don't know the game inside and out and worked through the levels will see all their progress lost and will, likely, just leave completely.

The expertise of players will not be wiped. Just progress. Wiping progress hurts non-elite players the most. Non-elite players are the most interesting filler in this game as end game content in the two main alliances is already crowded and well handled. Join any of their guilds and you'll see how much organization and tools and strategy they already have. None of that will be wiped.

You'd be better off taking every level 60 char and moving it to blue if you wanted a good 'wipe'. And everyone logged out in EC tunnel. xD

Someone should take AI and have it generate a whole new set of quests, items and mobs for EQ and relaunch like that. I bet that would be interesting. Really interesting.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikorita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it makes logical sense to merge green with blue and then start a new green and do that in x year cycles...

There should have been a clear announcement/disclaimer that
a) it was going to happen
b) the actual specific timeline
Umm it was announced. And specific enough.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green
Old 01-06-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

And not only was it announced, it was literally announced as part of the announcement of Green itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog on 09-13-2019
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).
The only question about whether the merge would happen came later, when players whined, and the staff said (essentially) "we'll wait and see":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-06-2023 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Hopefully not before I'm done old splitpaw. I just have to create the loot tables in my db and hand off the exports to p99 devs for imports/testing.